jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What if you are president for one day?

1. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

What will you do, what you want to enjoy and what changes you would do to make people happy.

Reply must smile

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would have to pass a law that one day equals ten thousand. Then, we could really change things.

2. Stevennix2001 profile image84
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you knew how complex our government is, you'd find that one freaking day is not enough to make any significant difference in our government.  The only thing you could do with it is probably just live it up.  Enjoy your time as President for that one whole day and be happy.  That's the best you could do, as it would probably take you almost 4 to 8 years for any changes you'd make to take effect on our government.  Sure, you can always try to pass new laws, but your laws would have to go through Congress.  Of course, you can always lower taxes if you like, but who's to say the guy that takes over after you is going to keep it that way.  Just saying.  A single day wouldn't be enough.

That's why if it were me, I'd probably just enjoy the perks of being a President, since I doubt one day would change anything...

2. kmackey32 profile image80
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

Now that would be funny.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I would need a week and half to figure out where to start first. That's just to plan for that one day. I'd like to cover whatever bases possible. So, if I knew in advance there is an advantage.

If not, then there is too much to list. wink

1. kmackey32 profile image80
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. profile image0
      khmohsinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

looks good smile

1. Castlepaloma profile image23
        Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Give half the war budget to the poor.

1. profile image0
          khmohsinposted 6 years ago in reply to this