Easy Recipe For Picky Eaters
How To Deal With Picky Eaters
Are you having a hard time figuring out what food to prepare so your children will eat? Are you in need of some easy recipes foe picky eaters? Dealing with picky eaters is a real headache. You worry that they're not getting adequate nutrition. You wonder if they're eating enough to grow properly. You loathe the idea that food gets wasted. I'm sure you've mentioned about starving children in Afica before. You're tired of coaxing, screaming and threatening all the time. Heck, you wonder if there ever will come a time when you didn't have to battle it out during meal times.
Unfortunately many parents have to endure this stage of their children's development. Children between the ages of 2-6 like to explore their independence. Yes, this includes testing your patience during meal times. The best thing you can do is to NOT make an issue out of it. That's probably easier said than done. But you know what? If you keep providing nutritious meals and snacks, healthy children will generally regulate what they eat. Unlike adults who try to balance their meals on a daily basis, preschoolers nutritional needs can be stretched over several days.
Below are some ideas to handle your picky eaters:
- Make your meals visually appealing. Use foods of different colors and textures. Be a little artistic and creative with the food. For example, you could use cookie cutters to produce sandwiches in a variety of shapes.
- Cut out the high-suger snacks before meals. You want them hungry during meal times.
- Don't stop offering new foods. It may seem like a waste of time (and effort) to keep on preparing food they refuse to eat. However, new food increases the chances of them eventaully tasting it, and maybe even liking it.
- Convert them into little chefs. Take them shopping with you and let them pick out the food. Get them to help you prepare the food. If they are older and capable, don't be afraid to let them try their hand at cooking. Knowing that they helped to prepare the dish gets them a little bit more motivated to eat it.
A Recipe For Picky Eaters
Now, you may be a little stumped about what to cook. You probably feel like you've tried everything already and now need more fresh ideas. Well, here's one for you to try:
Healthy Hawaiian Pizza (a great way to hide those vegetables)
- 1/2 cup pizza or pasta sauce
- Self made or store bought pizza dough
- 1/2 eggplant (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 3 slices bacon (cut into squares or strips)
- 1/2 cup pineapple (diced). If you are using canned pineapple, drain it first.
- 1 cup grated low-fat mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
- On top of the pizza dough, make a thin spread of pasta or pizza sauce.
- Arrange eggplant, tomato, pineapple and bacon on the pizza.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven at 225 degrees celcius for 10-15 minutes or until the pizza edge is golden brown. You'll see the toppings bubbling away too.
Yummy Healthy Tummy
Kids Meal Ideas: Nutritious Recipes For Kids
Good eating habits should be cultivated when children are still young. But how do you go about getting your children to eat healthy? Kiera's book titled "Yummy Healthy Tummy" has practical tips to get you raising healthy children. One of the things she highlights is understanding the different stages of our children's growth and development. This is so we serve our children meals that compliment their nutritional needs at that particular stage.She also addresses the many challenges that we parents face to get our children to develop good eating habits. There are also nutritious recipes for kids you should try out.
Click here to learn more about her book:
Yummy Healthy Tummy: Kids Meal Ideas
Who Says You Can't Cook Restaurant Food?
Something I notice about children is that whenever you tell them that the family will be eating out that day, their eyes light up and shouts of joy can be heard. Yes, restaurant food is delicious but it can also be expensive.
Well, with America's Most Wanted Recipes, you can make food exactly like those in your family's favorite restaurants. I'm sure your picky eater will be impressed. Discover the secret to cooking Chili's fajitas, IHOP pancakes, Olive Garden's lasagna, Red Lobster's batter-fried shrimp and many more.
Save money, save time and win your picky eaters over.
Click below for those invaluable recipes.Top Secret Restaurant Recipes (As Seen On TV)
p.s. If you buy the book, it comes with another 6 books:
- Kid Approved cook book
- Secret Sauces Exposed
- Good Ole Comfort Foods
- The Grill Masters Guide To Grilling
- Special Occasion Cook Book
- Diabetic Delights
Another Easy Recipe For Picky Eaters
- Tips and Tricks to Effective Parenting: Sausage Rolls
Learn to make easy sausage rolls and hide some spinach in there too.
More by this Author
Discover what it takes to start a candy bouquet business. You can do this from home.
The Candy Bouquet Business is ideal for stay-at-home moms looking to start a home business. These gifts are in demand and moms will have a fun time making them.