jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Indecent Proposal?

1. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Nick and Jessica (USA),  Pete and Kate (UK). 
    Would you be happy for a TV crew to follow and film you and your family or partner for about a year, having it shown on TV and getting paid Millions of Dollars/Pounds for it?

1. fierycj profile image84
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

For a guy who hates reality shows as much as I do, I would be a phony if I took that money. That's some cool quid, I gotta admit. But for honours sake, I shall resist. (dramatic Oriental tune plays in background) lol.

2. TrinaLynne profile image77
      TrinaLynneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No. I'm outspoken but very private. Only those around me need to know I'm nuts..... lol

2. Nanny J.O.A.T. profile image91
    Nanny J.O.A.T.posted 7 years ago

No - I don't think for any amount of money- I don't think much of the voyeuristic tendencies of TV these days - it's not entertainment- it's like a peeping tom. 

We all worry so much about what it looks like to the neighbors and friends we forget to look at what really works between two people. Maybe if we spent less time in front of the telly and more time in front of our partners - we wouldn't have so many problems.

3. Laughing Mom profile image61
    Laughing Momposted 7 years ago

Oh my goodness, NO!!! 

The only one of those types of reality shows I enjoyed was the Osbournes.  That's just funny.  "SHARON!!!"  Have you seen that new commercial where he's using a GPS to get around his house?  Funny funny stuff!

But that Jon and Kate plus 8 is ridiculous--I feel bad for those kids.

4. HealthCare Basics profile image82
    HealthCare Basicsposted 7 years ago

One million dollars isn't much these days. After taxes in the US, you get around 700,000.00. My reality home ife is worth much more than that!!!.... smile

5. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't ever do it, the whole idea makes me shudder.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I would like to avoid reality shows. Not worth it.

I agree with you LaughingMom...Jon and Kate should end... One season would have been plenty, it has been going on far too long, those kids need a real life.

1. Lady_E profile image83
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I also agree with both of you. Sadly they are now on the verge of getting a Divorce but the program is still being aired weekly in the UK. I feel the program contributed to it.

7. wychic profile image79
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I'll agree with the general consensus here...no way. For as little as I like outside attention and as much stress as those sort of things must put on a family, no amount of money is worth it.

I suppose I'll just have to get my millions the old-fashioned way...robbing banks wink

8. Irene McManman profile image61
    Irene McManmanposted 7 years ago

I think I’d agree on that one. It seems to me the first couple month would be hard and then you just get into living with it…Unfortunately I don’t have a proposal…or a husband.