jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Will people ever tire of reality shows? I am sick of them.

1. Gypsy48 profile image72
    Gypsy48posted 7 years ago

Will people ever tire of reality shows? I am sick of them.

2. steve8miller profile image82
    steve8millerposted 7 years ago

What is reality tv. It is phony tv. The only true tv is literally "True T.V" formally Court T.V. lol

3. point2make profile image79
    point2makeposted 7 years ago

I have been hoping for many years now that "reality tv" would disappear. Do viewers not realize that the vast majority of these "reality" shows are NOT reality but  are instead scripted or predetermined??? Great question Gypsy but I fear we are probably in the minority!

4. Sweetsusieg profile image85
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

Reality shows have become a reason for me to turn the TV off.  Can't stand em', won't watch em'. 

If someone wants excitement they can come film me dealing with my grand kids. Trying to change a  poopy diaper while another is screaming cause the dog pee'd in the car seat, another one running in and out the door, while the phone is ringing...  Yeah, now that's entertainment!!

5. profile image50
    abbykasshposted 7 years ago

I am, too, but I find myself guilty of being addicted to one in particular, that is WWE. I know that it is probably fixed most of the time, and most of the moves don't hurt, but I just love to watch the moves, gives me an adrenaline rush. And maybe, just maybe, those moves do hurt, because if their attack is strong, so can be their defense. So, the answer, people can never get tired of them. But suppose if they are not shown anymore, and something else, which seems interesting enough is shown in place of them, then they won't complain about them not being shown anymore. People, myself included, watch what is shown to them, because families aren't families anymore without the TV kept on while sitting with each other, although I find everything utter rubbish except wrestling, Discovery, National Geographic, and The History Channel.

6. Daniel J. Neumann profile image61
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Gyspy 48,

Me too. The problem is: they're so cost-effective. You don't need writers, actors, or even a plot in some cases.

Corporations don't make good TV. They give us fast-food-style art.

Thanks for the great question,

Dan

7. Gypsy48 profile image72
    Gypsy48posted 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for your great answers. Unfortunately it looks like reality tv will be here for a long while.

8. profile image0
    VeraEllenFireflyposted 7 years ago

The Amazing Race is awesome. I'd love to go on that show. Everything else is rubbish.

working