Chicken Cordon Bleu Sort of....
Chicken Cordon Bleu. The name is French so it might scare you away. There are many different recipes for this spectacular dish though that aren't scary at all. This is my favorite one. It's not quite so fancy, but that's kinda how I like it. If you haven't had it you should try it...tonight! The combination of chicken, ham, and melted cheese heavenly, and in this recipe you get a small flavor punch from the green onions and mustard and a nice crunch from corn flakes. Really corn flakes were created for fabulous recipes. Eating them for breakfast is so old school.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 T. Dijon style mustard
- 2 egg whites
- 1 T. water
- 3 c. corn flakes, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pound the chicken breasts between wax paper until 1/2" thick.
- Brush the top of each breast with mustard.
- Add one slice of ham and cheese to each one and then sprinkle each with green onion.
- Roll up each chicken piece and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine egg whites and water in small bowl and beat until frothy.
- In another small bowl add corn flakes and a dash of both salt and pepper.
- Next, brush the chicken rolls with the egg mixture, then coat with the corn flake mixture. Place them in a small casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 425 degrees for 35 - 45 min., or until juices run clear.
More by this Author
What is the Difference Between Wilton Buttercream and Classic Buttercream? Buttercream icing is said to be the most versatile and best icing for decorating cakes, but everyone’s opinion on buttercream icing is...
With popular television shows like Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss, the interest in cake decorating seems to be growing. The very ambitious are enrolling in pastry schools across the world, hoping to be the next pastry...
There's nothing better than a successful shopping trip. However, these expeditions can turn in to a nightmare when everything fits wrong, or just looks wrong. Looking for a dress can be especially confusing. It's...