Cooking with Kids - Quick and Easy French Toast Recipe
Quick and Easy French Toast Recipe
This French toast is absolutely easy to fix. You children will love to eat it at breakfast time. They can help you to fix it since this recipe and instruction is very easy and clear to follow, even for younger children such as your toddler or preschooler. They will love to help you and feel very proud of their accomplishment, yet will happily eat the their breakfast with no fuss.
Here is quick and easy French toast recipe to fix with your children. You can add a dash of cinnamon powder to flavor the batter. This breakfast food is also a favorite snack or finger food, even some children love to have it for lunch or dinner. I hope you will have good time in the kitchen.
What You Need
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
4 slices of Italian bread or sourdough
How to Fix
- In a medium bowl, break 2 eggs into it and add in milk, vanilla extract. Then beat the egg up with whisk.
- Pour the batter into a shallow dish such as pie pan. This will allow to dip bread without breaking it.
- You child can dip the bread until it is soaked through on both sides.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low and melt the butter in the skillet. Put the bread in the skillet and cook until it is brown. Then flip it over and cook on the other side until the bottom is brown. Remove from the heat and lift it onto the plate.
- Serve with sliced strawberry, confectionary sugar and or syrup.
How to Make French Toast Video
More by this Author
How to make Vietnamese beef stew (bo kho) at home. A hearty beef dish.
Flickr by Endalicious Tender and juicy spareribs coated with savory Chinese black bean sauce. No Sunday brunch or morning dim sum is ever complete without tasty steamed spareribs. Of course Chinese bao, spring rolls,...
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...