Flavor-Full Chicken Escarole Soup
Will You Try this Recipe?
Delicious Comfort Food for Your Family
This delicious soup will become a family favorite for years to come. It is rich, full of flavor and quite filling without being too heavy. The savory vegetables are enhanced with tender chicken and just a little ground sausage to add an extra dimension of flavor. Great served with some fresh biscuits or a good Italian bread. Enjoy.
Preparation and Cook Times
- 6 full sized Carrots, sliced
- 6 Celery Stalks, sliced
- 3 medium Onions, diced
- 2 lbs. Chicken Breast, bone-in, skin-on
- 5 - 14.5 oz. cans Chicken Broth
- 1 - 15oz can Black Beans, drained & rinse
- 1 lb. Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 head Escarole, torn into 2-3" pieces
- 1 tsp. each Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder
Preparation & Cooking
- In a large dutch oven add chopped carrots, celery, onions, chicken breast and broth.
- Heat on high until boiling; reduce heat to med/low, add salt, pepper and garlic powder; simmer 20 minutes (or until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through) Don't over cook, as to avoid mushy veggies.
- While soup is simmering, brown sausage in a separate sauce pan.
- When chicken is done, remove from pot; let cool and separate. Throw away bones and skin.
- Add chicken, sausage and rinsed beans to soup; stir well.
- Add escarole to soup; cook until tender, but not mushy (appx 5 minutes)
- Serve and Enjoy!
More by this Author
Creamation is a choice for us when we pass...but, why limit ourselves to an eternity in an urn. Here are some creative alternatives to sitting in an urn. Let's not make dying boring.
This article is not about racism, as I find it personally repugnant.It is about the rights of individual business owners to decide who they hire, fire and serve in their private businesses. Private capital and sweat...
Showing how you can create a Batman themed bedroom for your Dark Knight fan. Simple ways to make Gotham and Batman come alive in a themed bedroom.