My Favourite Gluten Free Soft Bread Recipe
Gluten is found in wheat flour, barley and rye. As more and more people are found to be gluten intolerant, gluten free products have become more popular in recent years. Bread is one of the products we eat every day and it is hard to live without bread. The gluten in bread contributes to its elastic texture. Gluten free bread seems to lack this elasticity and fluffiness. Ingredients like xanthum gum, corn starch and eggs are used in gluten free recipes as substitute for gluten.
Here is my gluten free bread recipe which I have been using over and over again to make my own gluten free bread at home.
Manual Dough Kneader
More gluten free recipes here:
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1½ tsp Xanthum gum
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2¼ tsp yeast
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Combine all the dry ingredients except yeast.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease the baking bread pan and flour with rice flour.
- Whisk the eggs and vinegar together in a mixing bowl, and then add the butter.
- Add in water.
- Combine yeast with the dry ingredients and slowly add to the wet ingredients with the mixer on low speed.
- Turn the mixer to high and beat for 4 minutes.
- Turn the dough out into the bread pan.
- Cover the bread pan with a sheet of plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place.
- Remove the plastic wrap and cover with alumninium foil, it is ready for baking.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove the aluminium foil in the last 10 minutes for a light crust.
- For a medium crust, remove foil in the last 15-20 minutes.
- After 50-60 minutes, turn off the oven and leave the bread in there for about 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from the bread pan and allow it to cool on a cooling rack.
- Slice bread with a bread knife and serve with your favourite spreads.
- Cinnamon Loaf - A Soft White Bread Recipe
You don't have to eat the same boring white bread every morning. Have a great start for the day by indulging yourself in this soft homemade cinnamon bread for breakfast.
- How To Make Sweet Bread Buns
Enjoy your afternoon tea with these sweet soft and fluffy bread buns. Reward yourself with these freshly baked buns that are so easy to make and bake.
- How To Make Sweet Row Buns
You will love these freshly baked buns that are so easy to make and bake. Fill them with tuna, hot dog sausages or ham for lunch.
- Gluten-Free Pancake Stack Recipe For Dinner
Pancakes are quick and easy to prepare, and they are great for dinner. This is a recipe for making gluten-free pancakes. It is suitable for people who are gluten intolerant, on gluten-free diets and anybody who just prefer less gluten in their foods.
- Soft & Moist Carrot Cake Recipe - It's Gluten Free
Carrot cake recipe for gluten free and dairy free diet requirements. This cake is so moist and delicious that nobody will even notice it is gluten free.
- How To Use A Thermal Cooker - Everyday Recipes
Food only takes less than 20 minutes to cook on the stove and the thermal cooker will do the rest of the cooking. Information on how to use the thermal cooker with recipes for easy and hearty meals.
More by this Author
Tempeh starter can be hard to find in some countries. Here's how you can make your own starter for fermenting tempeh. Includes instructions for making homemade tempeh and other tempeh recipes.
Food takes less than 20 minutes to cook on the stove and the thermal cooker will do the rest of the cooking. Information on how to use the thermal cooker with recipes for easy and hearty meals.
The Malaysian state of Sarawak situated on the island of Borneo is a great holiday destination. It was colonised by the British in the nineteenth century and still retains many interesting colonial structures.