How to Make Jujeh Kebab at Home (Persian Saffron Chicken Kebab)
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 Kg or 2lbs of chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 large grated onion
- 1 cup of plain whole milk yogurt
- 4 tablespoon, lime or lemon juice that is freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoon, saffron crushed and mixed with 3 tablespoon hot water
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh tomatos
The Kebab can be served along with Middle Eastern bread but it is specially served with aroma-filled saffron rice. It is important to use unfrozen, boneless chicken breasts and leave lot of time to marinate. I make sure to leave the chicken for a night in fridge so that it marinates well. If you do not have enough time, you can marinate it for one to two hours and then take it out for cooking.
- Marinade preparation: mix the onions, olive oil, yogurt, salt, pepper, saffron in a bowl that is large enough. Blend this mixture nicely into smooth one and add seasoning as needed.
- The chicken breast pieces needs to be cut into 1 to 3 inches which is about 2 to 4 cm and added to the marinade mixture. Ensure that all the pieces are covered well in the marinade mixture. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and keep it in fridge overnight.
- Arrange the tomatoes like thread on the skewer and then put in on the fire for few minutes together before the chicken. Metal skewers are threaded with chicken pieces and let over the hot grill to cook till all of the pieces are well cooked. Make use of thin skewers in order to make Jujeh Kebab.
- Serve fresh vegetables, aromatic saffron rice, yogurt and salad along the sides.
- Relish the taste
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Unsaturated fat 2 g|
|Carbohydrates 85 g||28%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 40 g||80%|
|Cholesterol 90 mg||30%|
|Sodium 1050 mg||44%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
Opening Times: Weekdays -10.00 AM - 2.00 PM Address: Corner North Terrace and King William Street Adelaide, SA 5000 Phone:61 0 8 8237 9206 URL:...
Opening Times: Mon - Fri: 10am to 5pm: Sat: 10am to 5pm: Sun: 10am to 5pm Address: Lipson St Adelaide 5015 Australia Phone: 08 8341 1690 URL:...
Opening Times: 10AM -5PM Daily Address: 126 Lipson Street Port Adelaide SA 5015 Phone:08 8207 6255 URL: http://www.history.sa.gov.au/maritime/maritime.htm ...