Leftover Turkey: 10 Simple Meal Ideas
Are you trying to find ideas for what you can do with leftover turkey from a holiday dinner? Are you wondering if it’s a good idea to cook a whole turkey or turkey breast is a good idea? There are plenty of great ways to use cooked turkey to create tasty meals for your family.
Here are several options for creating simple yet delicious dinners with leftover turkey.
Meals Using Leftover Turkey: 10 Easy Ideas
After you’ve served slices of turkey with dressing or other side dishes vegetable sides for a few meals, you’ll probably be ready to come up with a few different options to use up the rest of your leftovers. Here are a few dishes you may want to try!
- Turkey and Rice Casserole: Add chunks of cooked turkey to your favorite side dish broccoli and rice casserole recipe for a creative main dish.
- Turkey Cordon Bleu: Lay slices of cooked ham and cheese between slices of cooked turkey season; heat until cheese is melted and meat is warm.
- Grilled Cheese and Turkey Sandwiches: Enhance grilled cheese sandwiches by placing thin slices of leftover turkey on top of the cheese before grilling.
- Main Dish Salad: Top your favorite green salad recipe with chunks of cooked chopped turkey to change it from a side salad to a tasty and healthful main dish.
- Turkey and Noodles: Prepare your favorite packaged noodle side dish mix and stir in cooked turkey prior to serving.
- Turkey Soup: Make a big pot of homemade turkey soup.
- Turkey Tacos: Dice or shred cooked turkey and combine with your favorite taco seasoning mix and heat according to package or recipe instructions. Spoon into corn tortilla shells and top with shredded cheese, lettuce tomato, sour cream and guacamole.
- Turkey Alfredo Casserole: Combine leftover chopped turkey with cooked pasta and a jar of prepared Alfredo sauce in a casserole dish. Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Turkey Pot Pie: Make a delicious homemade turkey pot pie.
- Turkey Salad: Mixed chopped turkey with mayonnaise or nonfat yogurt to form the base for a tasty turkey salad. Stir in chopped carrots and celery; consider additional stir-ins liked chopped walnuts or pecans and dried cranberries. Serve on lettuce leaves or make turkey salad sandwiches.
More Meal Ideas for Leftover Turkey
These are just a few of the many tasty meals you can make quickly and easily using leftover turkey. What are some of your favorite ways to prepare and serve leftover turkey? Share your ideas in the comments section below!
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...