Peetha Fry- an Indian Dish
Peetha fry is a delicious south Indian dish.
Peetha fry is a very famous, yummy and nutritious dish in India. It can be cooked for snacks as well as for meal. It tastes great with green chutney.
- 500 grams Wheat Flour
- 250 grams Chick peas
- 1/2 tbs Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tbs Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tbs Coriander Powder
- 2 tbs Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 tbs Cumin
- very small amount of Stinking gum
- 2 medium size Onion, sliced
- Coriander leaves, Sliced
- According to taste Salt
- 3 tbs Oil
- Soak chickpeas in water for 5-6 hours.
- Then make paste of chickpeas.
- Add tbs coriander powder, 1/2 tbs red chilly powder, stinking gum and salt to the paste of chickpeas and blend it properly.
- Heat the pan and put oil in the pan.
- Put one 1 tbs fennel seeds, two three sliced green chilly and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Now add the paste of chickpeas and fry it till harden.
- Now cool the paste.
- Add little amount of salt in wheat flour and make hard dough.
- Make small balls of dough.
- Roll the each ball to 4-5 inches.
- Now put the paste of chick peas inside of roll and close the corners tightly.
- Boil water and put the rolls in the boiling water till it soak the water.
- Now cool the rolls and after that cut it into two pieces.
- Now heat the pan and oil.
- Put chopped onion in pan and fry it till it becomes golden brown.
- Add fennel seeds, stinking gum and remaining fennel seeds and fry it for two minutes.
- Put remaining chilly powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
- After little fry add the rolls in it and fry it for 5-6 minutes.
- Now your Peetha fry is ready, serve it in the plate and garnish it with coriander leave.
- Eat it with green or sweet chutney.
More by this Author
Bhabhani Bhattacharya is one of the most famous Indian novelists. He is the man who laid foundation of Indian English fiction. So Many Hungers! (1947) is his first English novel. It truly mirrors the society of that...
Cheese and peas curry is one of my favorite dishes. It is one of the most frequently ordered dishes in India. Not only it is great in taste but too good for health also.
Cry, the Peacock is the first published novel of Anita Desai. It reveals the story of a married woman named Maya. The novel picturises the neurotic condition of Maya.