Recipe: Rosa's Easy Strawberry Pie
Rate This Recipe
This recipe is excellent to use with all kinds of berries and fruit!
Before You Start
Difficulty Rating: Easy!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (175 C)
- Total time 30 minutes
You will need a pre-baked 8-inch pie shell.
Chocolate Berry Delight
Give this recipe some extra YUM! by adding the following to the mix:
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
¾ cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ teaspoon salt
4 cups strawberries
- Combine ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat, stirring often to keep from sticking
- Bring to a boil and let cook for 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken
- Remove from heat and pour into pre-baked pie shell
Let cool to set while making meringue
2 egg whites
2 tbsp sugar
- Put egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat with a mixer on medium
- Slowly add sugar and continue beating until foam holds peaks
- Scoop meringue on top of pie
- Bake pie for 7-10 minutes until meringue is golden brown
- Remove from oven
- Cool and enjoy!
Special "Thank You" to the wonderful Jade Arcade who had the recipe for chocolate pie and let me combine it with my strawberry pie :-)
Enjoy writing? Need a little extra cash? Want to join a fun, informative and supportive writing community?
© 2012 I Am Rosa
More by this Author
In Spring of 2012, Wendy's restaurant introduced poutine to its menu. Is it worth the hype? This review will help you decide.
Quick and easy to make, this decadent Hawaiian Dreams recipe is a must-have for dessert lovers.
A new parent's nightmare includes slogging through all the baby products on the market to find out what works best for the most reasonable price. Diapers are high on the list, so let's compare the two big name diaper...