Rosogulla A Bengali Sweet
Rosogulla – a Bengali Sweet
Rich in Calcium, protein and carbohydrate, and easy to digest. Great taste too.
Skimmed milk 500 ml, artificial sweetener 10 tablets, water 500 ml, citric acid / calcium lactate 2 crystals
- Heat the milk and add citric acid.
- Separate the paneer and hang in a piece of muslin or any other soft cloth.
- Knead the paneer into a soft dough or grind it in a mixer till soft and smooth in texture.
- Make six balls out of the dough.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, heat the water.
- When the water begins to boil, add the sweetener and paneer balls and cover with a lid. Simmer for ten minutes till the paneer balls swell.
- After ten minutes, uncover and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Serve when cool.
Note : The softness of the paneer decides the taste and look of the rosogulla. If the rosogulla become rubbery, drop them into cardamom flavoured skim milk and serve them as Rasmalai.
More by this Author
Gakhar is a Mughlai Bread made of wheat flour and consumed with vegetarian or non-vegetarian curried dishes.
Ginger is a modified root tuber widely used as a flavoring in preparing various food recipes and is also widely used as a medication.
Paya dish is a very delicious recipe made from goat or lamb legs and relished at homes as well as in restaurants. Here I have given the recipe of Paya dish as it is prepared in Bohra kitchens in India.