jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Leftover Mashed Potato

1. Scent profile image58
    Scentposted 6 years ago

I got this from my father who use to make this often. My family likes it well enough that I make sure I will have leftover mashed potato.

I don't measure much so here it goes. I usually have about the size of a margerine bowl of potatoes. I use a quarter stick of butter or margerine and melt it in a skillet. I microwave potatoes one minute and then add to melted butter.

I mix the butter into the potatoes and let it get real hot but you have to watch because they love to stick to my pan. I break potatoes up as scrambled eggs.

In a small bowl, beat 3 large eggs. When potatoes is nice and hot, dump beaten eggs into it. Keep stirring as making scrabled eggs making sure that all of your potato is covered in egg.

You want a light tint of brown and then you are done. Serve with your choice of meat or it can very well stand alone.. This is usually a breakfast dish but we eat it whenever but it is a meal.

Marie Myers

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do this, too, but I add onions and garlic.

2. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

It sounds like bubble without the squeak LOL:

1. Scent profile image58
      Scentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

eggs instead of the veggies. my kids would not eat the Bubble and Squeak version smile

3. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

I just love potatoe cakes. We pan fry mashed potatoes. We form the mashed potatoes in to hamburger like form and fry. AWESOME

1. joaniemb profile image60
      joaniembposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do this too and the family loves it.

4. 59
    bookworm900posted 6 years ago

I love to use the leftover mashed potatoes with my favorite turkey meatloaf recipe. Just mix the meat loaf recipe as you would normally. Then spread half of the recipe in the bottom of your favorite baking dish, spoon the leftover potatoes on top of that, then add the remainder of the meatloaf, forming into a loaf shape. You can also add cheddar cheese, sour cream and chives, bacon or whatever suits your taste..

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

We like potato pancakes!

6. Lady Rose profile image61
    Lady Roseposted 5 years ago

i put it in a greased oven tray, cover with cheese and some black olives and let it gratine for a few minutes. Mmmm