jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

1. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

For breakfast yesterday, we had pumpkin pie.  Homemade, from scratch, by our daughter.

For lunch, a cup of yogurt.

For dinner, turkey and stuffing sandwiches garnished with cranberry jelly, followed by more pumpkin pie, a bit of from scratch apple pie made by our daughters husband and finally a dollop of tiramisu he also made.

Our stomachs, normally accustomed to simple fare, are saying "What's up with this?"

1. mary615 profile image95
      mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just curious:  what is tiramisu???  I whipped cream of some sort???

1. 2uesday profile image89
        2uesdayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is originally an Italian dessert the name means something like 'pick me up' as in uplifting not as in dating. It is made with cake, coffee, mascarpone cheese (not a cheesy cheese though)and a liqueur like Marsala. The dusting on the top is cocoa powder. The first time I ate this was in Italy and the taste of it is wonderful.

Here is a link for a BBC recipe for it, the ones in Italy look prettier than this picture -

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9652 … r-tiramisu

2. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's a wonderful Italian desert.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiramisu

2. cat on a soapbox profile image81
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

It sounds like you have many good cooks and bakers in your family- lucky you!
    At our house, we had a full repeat of the main event for dinner on Friday, turkey sandwiches w/ mayo and cranberry sauce today, finished the pie this evening. Then we will be looking at creamed turkey ( w/ mushrooms, pimento, hard-boiled egg, peas, sauted onion) on rice or in a pastry shell. Finally I will simmer the bones for broth and add the small bits of turkey w/ fluffy parsley dumplings and freeze the rest for quick stock. Nothing is wasted!