is fox news fair or balanced?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (26 posts)
  1. freddykrueger profile image61
    freddykruegerposted 13 years ago

If anyone thinks fox is fair and balanced then explain why is it that at least 20 folks working for then are fundraising for the GOP. I really want to know why is that going on?.You got glenn beck running his mouth like he got nazi turrets,sean hannity putting out false statements nightly like elena kagan kicking out the military,O'reilly claiming ruth bader ginsburg not knowing how to interpret the constitution,and they support for the tea party but that is fair and balanced i doubt that.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

the reality is that ALL forms of media, whether your talking about nbc, abc, fox, or whatever news in the usa will always be biased towards one particular political party over the other.  if you want true unbiased news, then my only advice is to watch bbc news, as that's a british news channel.  besides, who else better to rely on news, regarding the usa politics, than a unbiased source.  other than that, im afraid it'll be up to interpretation.

like my college history teacher told me once, your not supposed to believe or agree with her political opinions regarding events in history.  No, your supposed to learn what your instructors tell you about history, then RESEARCH it yourself and formulate your own opinion based on what you learn.  For if you choose to model your own opinion off of what some source tells you, then you'll become biased yourself in believing what that news outlet tells you.  Without so much as research it yourself.  This is one of the reasons why I don't believe world peace will ever be accomplished in our life time.  as it seems like mankind never sees eye to eye about anything regarding politics in general, whether it be here or anywhere else.

freddykruegerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love your point of view great answer.

1. profile image0

thanks.  I appreciate that.  I think if more people made up their own freaking minds about political issues rather than just buy into whatever crap the media feeds them, then the world wouldn't have so many problems.

1. profile image52
            paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Stevennix2001

People should form their own opinion of the events; not buying opinions of the so called wise-men.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. Dense profile image62
        Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ditto. smile

3. profile image0
        LegendaryHeroposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good post but I have to disagree with the BBC part. EVERYBODY has a bias.

1. profile image0

your right, as in they probably think us americans are simple minded violent morons.  personally, I don't blame them if they do, as i tend to agree.  after all, that's the ONLY REASON a film like "Transformers:  Revenge of the Fallen" could possibly be a hit.  because there's too many morons out there that love big explosions, special effects, and a hot chick.  gee, what ever happened to story telling and strong character development?  Seriously, the film was an utter piece of crap but people here just loved it like it was the "Bee's knees."  And there main argument to defend it is...."if you turn off your brain, then you'll love it."  Seriously?  have we americans gotten so utterly retarded that we HAVE TO turn OFF our brains to enjoy ANY movie?  Seriously?  No, wonder why the usa is falling in education these days, as we're being over run by a bunch of dumb asses.   

lol.  sorry to change the subject there for a minute, as I'm kind of in a joking mood right now.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Surely you jest? big_smile

3. waynet profile image70
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's not fair...I haven't seen news of any foxes in years!

2. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

No and No.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

agreed.

there is a recent thread about this topic also.

1. TMMason profile image61
        TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh PLEASE... are you for real.

Everthing is race to you leftists.

Fox is a centrist news org.

Glenn Beck is just showing you the facts. I haven't heard that red phone ring to correct any errors yet.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image62
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not at all suprising that you are a fan of FoxNews.  That explaains soooooooo much.  At least we know the root cause of your problem.

I watch fox as much as I watch or read all the other News orgs.

Hahahaha...

It ain't that easy Ron.

3. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

More so MSNBC and their ilk!  They at least make an effort!

freddykruegerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They make an effort to distort the truth so people like yourself can believe their fasifying information.MSNBC does do a better job of reporting as does cnn.Fox is just propaganda machine for the republicans like limbaugh too they would not know true reporting if it hit them on the face.

4. JON EWALL profile image59
    JON EWALLposted 13 years ago

hi hubbers
    The question is fox news fair or balanced?

The real question should be is Fox News truthful in reporting the news, covering all the facts and attempting to get both sides of a issue ?
    There are other programs on Fox other than those mentioned that are informative and that attempt to expose an issue, political or otherwise.
    Many who make comments about Fox news get their information on the web or other sources. When stories appear that report inaccuracies as to what Fox says or reports, Fox challenges those who write or make false statements to come on the program to debate the subject. Many times those who report inaccurate stories refuse to appear with the Fox commentators or moderators.
    FAIR AND BALANCED '' A ''
    They do back up their information with videos of the past and present of the subjects, again '' we report , you decide ''
    If you want to get unbiased information, I suggest you consider watching c-span's programs ( c-span the TV company that President Obama said would be allowed to cover the healthcare negotiations ).Oh , I forgot they too were locked out of the negotiations as were the elected republicans.
    Another source for good information is the local paper's business section, Saturday business programs and GLEN  BECK'S  expose of the Obama connection with the criminal bunch on Wall Street and Washington.

5. raisingme profile image77
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

If you live north of the 49th you don't find fox news fair or balanced - I can't speak for how they report internal news but they sure speak a lot of unfounded tripe about outside of the country!

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Fox is a centrist news org.

lol lol lol

smile

7. barranca profile image77
    barrancaposted 13 years ago

It is as fair and balanced as a turd on a stick.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wish I had said that.

8. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Ahhh...

to aspire to leftists intellectual hieghts...

lololol

Shoulda went to college. They woulda taught you how to delve to such depths in thought.

9. JON EWALL profile image59
    JON EWALLposted 13 years ago

Hubbers AND barranca

I enjoyed the comments from the left and the right. The only thing that should matter is what is the truth.
    I happened to watch the Finance Reform hearings on C-Span
    where Secretary Geithner was testifying. Double talk mostly,
    relapse of memory and not answering direct questions from the
    senators.
    I check it out

Glen Beck's show on Fox News is reporting explosive information that the main street press and media refuses to report to  the public.
    Silence by ABC, NBC CBS, CNN, MSNBC and others is typical of how they refuse to report any of the negatives of the Obama administration and the inner workings of Washington,
    For example I wrote regarding finance reform and cap and trade
    I caught Glen Beck on Fox News, he was exposing the questionable relationships of Goldman Sachs( campaign funding to Barak Obama and some Dem's  $33 MILLION ),the unions ( SEIU and the AFL-CIO ),Frank Raines (took $90 million out of Fannie Mae ),Joel Rodgers (the Apollo alliance group, they wrote the Healthcare Reform bill for congress ),Al Gore ( investments in the Chicago Climate Exchange),Joyce foundation (connections with Barak Obama and Valerie Jarrett) and president  Barack Obama.

GLEN BECK USED OLD ACTUAL NEWS CLIPS TO
    SUPPORT THE ACCUSATIONS

10. Shil1978 profile image86
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

Is any news fair or balanced? Fact is all have biases, its just a matter of degree!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)