Regarding Ad Code. Two Questions.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image83
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 13 years ago

This is a quote from the set up tab on google for content. "In the field provided, list URLs of sites you want to show your ads. Then click "Save changes". If you put your ad code on a page not on this list, ads will still show, but impressions and clicks will not be recorded."

I'm thinking I'm just really missing some important step because I still haven't made one dime.  When I google with key words, I see my articles on the first page thanks to the strength of Hubpages and yet - not a dime.  I'd be happy at first with one dime so I know I have things set up right.

Question 1: So I watched more video seminars tonight and I am confused about whether I need to put the HTML code onto every page. I thought our google code worked just automatically.  I did go through the whole exercise though and when trying to place the HTML after the first

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This isn't showing the second question.  I was also asking regarding the quote where it says "In the field provided, list the URL's of sites you want to show your ads...." But the whole URL wasn't accepted, so I just put hubpages.com.  I pressed Save Changes but it didn't actually say it's accepted like that.  I just want to make sure that's all we do there -- just hubpages. com in the box and that will allow the ads to be shown on all hubs. Is that correct?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is applicable to webmasters. In the Google for content control panel, I do not see it as being necessary to fill in this information for HubPages. What matters is that you have already associated Adsense with HubPages by entering your ID in the affiliate settings part of the HubPages control panel.

Whether you have had any clicks or not, the Adsense control panel should record your page impressions. If that is not the case, something is wrong.

Thanks.  Gosh -- guess the old "When all else fails, read the instructions," doesn't quite fit in this instance. 

Thank you for everyone's input.

2. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But....you don't have any ads. For all intents and purposes, you are an AdSense publisher that displays other people's ads. Are you sure you're not somehow in AdWords rather than AdSense? Can you give me more information about where you are seeing this message?

2. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

You can't put HTML code on hubpages Hubs. Also code capsule is not for executing HTML/JS code,it's for displaying text view of code.

That's a relief because that would be a lot of work with every hub. Thanks.

3. Joe8943 profile image64
    Joe8943posted 13 years ago

On hubpages you don't have to enter any html on your pages, they get ads automatically placed on them, it was confusing for me at first as well

Thanks

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

The way Adsense works is that you enter your affiliate ID into the appropriate box under affiliate settings. Ads are displayed automatically, and you will get 60 percent of the page impressions.

You never paste code into the hubs. The HTML module is only for showing how HTML will look like in articles that deal with computer programming.

Webmasters do put code into their pages to run Adsense, but not on HubPages.

Thank you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)