Scattered thoughts

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)
  1. profile image0
    michelelavellposted 13 years ago

Scattered thoughts

Painful memories of he that marred me....
    He ensnared  the marrow of my soul and ate it....
    Slathering over the last bits of emotion I had left
    Sopping up my blood with his needs
    He took everything from me
    Raped me
    Left me for dead
    If I tried to break free
    He did it again
    Only harder....
    Made me feel like I was worthless
    He loves me still

I am plunging in the abyss of my own condemnation
    I will never be worthy of happiness and fulfillment...
    I will be alone for no one will have me
    I have been marked
    Diseased
    Scarred with the stigmata of men

Today I give my life back
    To whomever had given it to me
    I hope it will be better put to use elsewhere
    I renounce my privilege to breathe
    No longer allow me to squander time
    that someone else could use....

Let me fade away....

Quietly.....

As if I never even existed

1. Hiredpun profile image60
      Hiredpunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is dark but well done. I hope this piece provides some catharsis.

2. Kim Lynn profile image60
      Kim Lynnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Disturbing, but true. Life can be brutal, for many women and men. I hope you find solace in your writing. I think most of us do. Thanks for sharing:)

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

This would make a wonderful hub. smile We are not alone either when it comes to falling into despair. It will pass and the sun will shine again.

1. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

michelelavell That is very poignant, But life doesn't end there, It is yours to make it what you want it to be. Rise up now to convert your pain to art . Go on make a hub; that others will read and applaud. You may be thinking what do you know? I know one thing , if you decide to make something of your life today you can... there is no stopping you!! My Heart goes out to you, My best wishes for a happier more fulfilled life!! God bless!

1. poetvix profile image55
        poetvixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Michelelavell  my heart bleeds for you.  You have suffered a horrible violation of so much more than the pysical.  However, Dame and Sofs make good points.  Nothing is over, your life is not over.  You can and will go on.  This is in no way your fault.  You are a survivor.  You are strong though you may not feel that way.  The fact that you could write this proves your strength as I have no doubt you had to relive it.
        Rise and hold your head high.  Become a glowing example that you can not only survive but become stronger and grow.  Know that you are not alone.  One in three girls, mind you girls, not women are sexually assaulted before reaching adulthood.  Many feel shame but feelings are not logical.  You have nothing to be ashamed of.  The monster you wrote of does.
        May peace come to you.  God bless you and thank you for having the courage to write this.

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

Something that has always enraged me as a man,is in the violence and control a woman will endure ,some in one night and some for a life sentence , all of it unnessesary! Why?  because  hearts have something to prove? Martyrs something to suffer?  Men of this   breed , do not deserve life. Give your soul to your writing ......

1. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We would like to see more such men!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)