What is the future of todays children?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Do they have a chance to live a full joyful life or will they be evaporated in a momentary flash of nuclear heat?

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

a lot of that is up to the parents and adults of today.

children adapt to their environment. hopefully adults will teach them well that joy doesn't come from material things.

1. qwark profile image59
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rebekah:
        Of course, but what of world conditions and problems that will most certainly rise in the next generation? I'm not just referring to kids in the USA...take into consideration the world.

I am.. our children need to be very intelligent and have critical thinking skills in order to make the right decisions. many countries already are far ahead of the US in education. as far as future conditions, we can look at how far we've come. advances will continue to be made, but without a focus on education and innovation, more countries will be left behind. parents need to take parenting seriously.. I don't mean taking fun away, but understanding the importance of their roles. I have a sign over my desk, it says, INNOVATION The Best Way To Predict The Future Is To Create It

1. qwark profile image59

I'd like to think you are right. I'm a bit more pessemistic.

there's plenty of reasons to be pessimistic.. but I don't see any benefits. I like to think that we can succeed. it takes work, but the benefits are much better. at least we are happier and healthier as we live and move forward and are not drowned with pessimism and cynicism as so many choose.

1. qwark profile image59

rebekah:
                ...but the skepticism is based on "fact."
                Yes, I could pay no attention to my surroundings and live for the moment, but as one who studies everything, it is obvious, to me, that our species is headed for a monstrous catastrophe that will reduce our numbers or possibly render us extinct.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On the one hand, it will all just be more of the same, but different.

On the other hand, I strongly suspect that history is not done having fun with the human race yet… smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

lol lol

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol ditto

1. qwark profile image59

school:
        Let me in on the laugh..ok?

3. b. Malin profile image67
    b. Malinposted 13 years ago

NO they will not Evaporate in a flash of Nuclear Heat!  But they will have to work so much harder to have a nice life, a home, a family, and all the things that my generation found easier to come by.But I think they are a smart generation....lots of good creative minds out there.  They are of the electronic generation which seemed to be never ending.  So, yes, there lives will be joyful, especially if they occasionally put down those toys and just TALK to one another.

4. richtwf profile image60
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

A good question - certainly the future, I think, will become more challenging for them so they will have to work harder to adapt to their rapidly changing world in order to make the most of life.

5. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

...so you all think the next, say 30 yrs will be productive and will provide joyful secure futures for the worlds children?
    ...don't know what Cags was laughing about?
    I can only hope ya'll are right, but I think life will become much more complicated and frightening.

6. xobliam profile image60
    xobliamposted 13 years ago

qwark you are too generous by only mentioning nuclear holocaust.

There are so many things that could change our technological age in the blinking of an eye that I truly fear for the future generations.

It seems so highly unlikely that humans will adapt quickly enough to keep up to the robotics of the near future.

Somewhere I read that humans will soon be suzerains to robots capable of functioning on their own. We have seen it in art imitating life films but those sensational depictions may not be that far away.

Whatever I was reading was painting a picture of humanoid robots getting fed up with us fleshy units that are so often high maintenance. At that point they turn some into slaves and get rid of the rest.

Maybe that won't happen for another hundred years or more in which case I have nothing to worry about since I have no offsprings.

Which brings to mind the series on the History Channel called Life after People......why do film makers put out stuff like that? If no one is here then why should anyone care about how the planet is ?

1. qwark profile image59

Xobliam:
      There is no doubt that man will create new human species which will combine electronics and virtual technology if he lasts long enuf.
      Yesterdays science fiction is todays reality.
      Man is profoundly involved in his evolution, but he is still in an infantile place on the evolutionary ladder.
      I wonder when the 3ww will begin. It will not be conventional.
      What will be left will be a man reduced to the stone age.
      Except for those who have been tucked neatly and safely away underground and will emerge when radiation levels drop to a point where life can exist above ground.

7. xobliam profile image60
    xobliamposted 13 years ago

Don't be such a pessimist Qwark.

You might just be correct about the future of humanity but why lose sleep over it. Just live for the day and well if you have it in you become a politician.... lol

If you do then make sure you don't get dragged into the black hole of corruption....highly doubtful.

The reason I tend to agree with you about the future prospects of humanity is that we are 100 years into serious technology in a universe that is trillions of years old.

Could there be life out there that has been using technology for millions of years.

It's all been thought of and done to death in art imitates reality flicks.....

Don't sweat it ............

1. xobliam profile image60
      xobliamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Afterthought.......that's why I always reflect on the possibility of immortality and resurrection.

Somehow I figure that if I lived a million years in a technolical world and wrote 1 hub a year i might even get to live like a king.

Somehow it just doesn't seem right that people should live more that a hundred years in a world based on money and the acquisition of money. It would just be impossible since anyone could invest a few bucks in childhood and be as wealthy as a king (rex) or banker ( forex ) by the age of 200.

lol

8. kazemaru2 profile image61
    kazemaru2posted 13 years ago

If they say as lazy and incompetent as they are now the future job market will be riddled with service jobs that pit natives and immigrants against each other in job competition.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)