How to write sales hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image80
    David 470posted 13 years ago

I would like to start writing sales hubs for Amazon. I have some amazon capsules on some "how to" hubs, but I have only had one sale or two.

Any tips such as best items to sell and how to write for them?

1. thooghun profile image94
      thooghunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm currently sitting around 5-6% conversion rate. I'm certainly not the best converter on hubpages, but if you're lower you might want to take a peek. 

Here's an example of the standard layout I use: http://hubpages[dot]com/hub/Princess-Cut-Engagement-Rings-2010

David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the example. Whats considered a good conversion rate?

That hub layout looks pretty good for selling items from amazon. I doubt my "how to hubs" will make much sales. Not to say the intention was to sell items on them. Main focus is adsense on my hubs, but I need to make sales hubs If I want amazon earning to lift off....

1. thooghun profile image94
          thooghunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I *think* that a good conversion rate is anything around 5+%. Though I'm not entirely sure.

For the record, yes, that is a purely commercial hub, however I do mix it up. I'm not trying to make a living with my "the awful truth about girl scout cookies" hub.

lol

2. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

My biggest hint: I used to do things like have pretty pictures of the products (usually from Amazon) and then a link directly below. What I discovered was that it distracted the readers a bit, and when I dropped the picture and kept the link, my click through rate went up. I think it's because they didn't have to look so far for the link.

Umm some more: make sure you have at least one capsule of related Amazon products somewhere near the bottom, to give more choice. As an example if your hubs are on Chocolate Fondue Fountains, then at the bottom have a capsule with 3-4 types of fondue chocolate. Another one on related recipe books as well might not go astray. This will get the reader thinking when they click through and they may add these items to their shopping cart.

Another one: if you are taking the review route, don't just concentrate on the positives. Part of giving your reader choice is to point out some of the things that irritate people with the product, or which could be better. If you have more than one product it gives them an idea of the range available. They may just click through and buy something similar to the ones in your article, having already decided what they want. You just need to give them the incentive to click through and buy. This happens a lot with me. I have, say, 3 widgets reviewed. The like them, but go to Amazon and buy a widget, but not the one in the article. That's cool, though.

Also, related to that, giving choice is great, but don't be greedy and choose just the most expensive items. Not everyone has a large budget. Choose high and low priced items, as long as you believe they are decent products. It could be the difference between somebody sitting on the fence about clicking through and buying and not!

Remember there are no small products (or too cheap) to be reviewed. They all add up to getting into the next payment tier, as long as there is a market for them.

I will add my conversion rate is not brilliant - it hovers around the 8-9% mark, just to give you an idea where I'm coming from. I know that there are hubbers with 10%+ conversion rates. They've got there through a lot of practise, perseverance and not being afraid to experiment.

Wow, thanks for the information, I will take this into consideration. An 8-9% conversion rate sound pretty good to me, but I don't know for sure. I may focus on writing sales hubs selling exercise equipment. Not sure how expensive though. It may be bench presses or something along those lines.

Again, thanks for all the information.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)