How can I increase my Hub Views?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Cardia profile image75
    Cardiaposted 12 years ago

I'm relatively new to Hubpages, and so far I've published three articles. However, the view numbers are pretty small, and I'd like to increase them. I'm currently writing some more Hubs right now, but any tips that you'd like to share, I'd really appreciate them smile

1. Jlbowden profile image84
      Jlbowdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cardia and welcome to hubpages!

Even though I tell others to check into the FAQ's and learning section of hubpages for additional tips. I believe that if you try backlinking some of you hubs, that will help. And if you have not already signed up for google adsense and hubpages ad program, well that without a doubt will certainly help as well. Also linking back to your hubpages profile to google profile and vice versa also helps raise those traffic views. So if you haven't set up a google profile and linked it with hubpages do that soon. But also be patient your traffic will increase with time and remember the more quality articles you write, the more traffic you will have and in turn, the more your earnings will increase. Hope this helps and happy hubbing!

Jl

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here is the “secret”:

You must write hubs that are so good that people will spontaneously share them. There really is no other way that I know of. And it is damned hard to do, it seems. But I keep trying. smile

3. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages!

If you haven't signed up for Google Adsense, you really should. This will help a lot. If you have signed up, then try sites like Twitter, Facebook, etc. and promote your work there. A large majority of my traffic comes from Twitter. Commenting on other hubbers work and commenting in the forums will help promote yourself on Hubpages itself.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

Read other people's articles and comment on them with proper observations or opinions ('nice hub' simply won't work). 'Follow' authors whose work you like reading (please please please don't go on a lame 'following spree' simply following 20+ hubbers in a row though, this won't work either). Backlinking is a good move too, this makes sure your articles get read and helps build a following based on readers finding and then enjoying your stuff. Interact in the forums so other hubbers get to know you as a person, and let them decide if you are interesting enough to want to read your work. Finally, write more articles. You only have a small handful of hubs right now, so very little for anyone to judge if they like the look of your subject choices enough to warrant 'following' you.

Good Luck smile

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56
      Jerrico Usherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep some ways:

1. Participate on the site, raise your hub score and that 30 million hits of traffic landing on the site per month is yours to tap into

2. Write 1 ezinearticle article per hub linking to the hub in the resource box

3. Leave comments on your fans hubs (just pick one, read it, leave a comment) this brings syndication via hubtivity.

4. Leave a comment on any fan of THEIRS that leaves a comment's hubs and respond to their comment left on YOUR fan's page

5. Find like hubs to your hub, and create hubkarma links to their hubs then leave a comment letting them know you did this and could they leave a link to your hub as well. (by virtue of leaving the comment you just left a comment to your profile in your image/name).

6. Write hubs about hubs then point to them in the forum- helping other hub members makes them want to become your fan, this opens a door to syndication via hubtivity and more...

The idea here is you should both focus on your hubs (individually) and as a cluster (group) overall-

7. You can submit your hub to social bookmarking (but NEVER to social networks i.e. your facebook/twitter- this is dangerous as it may lead to click fraud- as much as you want your friends to see your work- it's a dangerous proposition as they may try to help you out not realizing how dangerous their clicks are- i.e. google noticing a lot of clicks coming from YOUR facebook account looks suspicious

8. Write a hub a day minimum. By raising your hub count alone you raise your hub score, by doing that you raise the internal traffic by virtue of being plastered on more hubs (suggestions etc...) In this regard also using proper tags will also put you on more syndication opportunities as the suggested hubs are based on tags. Don't just add the suggested tags, use good keywords/LSI's (supporting keywords i.e. for grass an LSI is lawnmower, fertilizer, etc...)

9. Create a new twitter account with NO fans and post your hubs to IT (not your own account, other rather), this gives you a backlink from a high PR site without the danger of your friends seeing it- strangers are fine- twitter can be a great "social bookmark" if used right. You could create an account with your hubpages screename if it's not your name and not attached to anything else on the web (unique) to syndicate your hubs

10. Post your hub to hubpages twitter feed

That's all I can think of before my coffee smile

1. jfay2011 profile image58
        jfay2011posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yet, it's fine to Facebook it and Twitter it after we publish a hub.  They have given us the ok to do that.  I've suggested to them about giving us a button to share it with other social sites too.  There's a lot out there.  They're going to discuss it at their next meeting.

just don't be a follower even of the companies lead. Fact is this, if you put your hubs links on your personal hubpages account and your friends have a feild day on yourhubs even clicking ads because they know you get paid that way- your endagering your adsense account- a major staple of your ability to earn here. It's not taboo to use the features- it's not even slightly illegal or unethical in any way- it's just plain dangerous. Ask anyoen who lost their account to "click fraud" that didn't do anything but tell their friends about their hubs...

My suggestion is to create a whole different set of twitter and facebook accounts or rather several of each and develop friend bases based on niche markets/topics/concepts then segway your fb/twitter links to the appropriate group and not all the time. You can do this by clicking the "tweet my hub" link (not the actual title) and making sure before you do that that your logged out of your personal twitter and fb accounts (go there to be sure sometimes your still logged in even after a day because of your cookie not expiring correctly), then when it asks you to log in use the appropriate credentials to send it to the right account.

I'm EXTREMELY frugal with those two links, and only use them if the hub I wrote was specific to my friends who KNOW not to click links and I even tell them in the fb post NOT to click ads.

You can do  what you feel has merit but don't say I didn't warn you. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do or how to use their account- but I've seen first hand from people I knew, that this is extremely dangerous, even though on the surface it looks like great syndication!

3. seoadsense profile image61
    seoadsenseposted 12 years ago

Try submitting your hubpages to social bookmarking sites and your page views will grow up and you will begin to see more visitors

1. uthurban profile image57
      uthurbanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What a suggestion!!!!! Lol

2. Jerrico Usher profile image56

yes that is the way to do it!

4. shogan profile image75
    shoganposted 12 years ago

I don't understand why all these suggestions point her towards social sites and sharing, etc..  If you want to substantially increase your hub views, Cardi, study SEO and learn to please the Google gods.  Proper keyword research, along with time, will provide you with steady search engine hits, unlike the inconsistent views from places like Facebook and Hubpages itself.

Your right Shogan, SEO is the god of traffic generation- especially LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing)- LSI is the art-form of keyword dilution into LSI terms. Google checks LSI's against the main titles, keywords, and content to generate a feel of the "flow" of your article. The relevance of it vs what seems like stuffed phrases. The beauty of Using LSI integration is that  it HELPS google and they wouldn't mind because it's just a tool for being more relevant. The truth is if you write the article naturally you will automatically insert these words. The list is mainly to give your mind a container to write in.

It's a bit complicated to explain (so even newbs understand it), but essentially you build a a keyword that is ranking and that consolidates your sites pure purpose and isn't too competitive.

You then take that keyword, I'll use Lawnmower for an example, and you break it down to it's associated key terms.

Lawnmower (keyword)

LSI's for lawnmower (related terms):

Grass
      Blade (applies to grass blade and mower blade)
      Mower
      Lawn
      Dirt
      fertilizer
      handle
      engine
      gas
      electric

and so on...

You develop a list of LSI's simply by using Google, there is a way (I forget how I use a service for mine) to type in your keyword with a phrase that makes Google bold print all the LSI terms in the results and you just write the bold words down.

Once you have your LSI words, you want at least 30, you make a list of them.

You then look through them for words that are pretty general and can themselves be broken down further. You take those words and start a whole new list and repeat step 1.

Taking your full consolidated list of LSI terms you can meditate on them and see what to write that would use most of them.

You don't try to stuff them you just try to use them as you go. If you write a word that is a synonym of one of the LSI terms you can either cross it out from your list or find a way to use both.

The more LSI's the better and the beauty of this approach vs the old "stuff as many keywords as you can into your article" concept that no longer works but actually will get your article flagged, *by google*, is that LSI terms are safe, the more the better and they rank your hub for more terms than major keywords do-

Since they are derivatives of the main keyword they all point indirectly at that keyword phrase and when Google reads this phrase in your title and sub headings (as synonyms) then the content it will put two and two together and your article will stand out as QUALITY. This is the easiest way to boost your articles ranking.

Personally what I do is (I use a service built into Super Apprentice) take my list which is generated pretty much instantly- and I create a text file and size the window so it's a sliver long enough for the longest phrase (LSI's can be 1-5 words) to accommodate the longest phrase, and I re size my browser beside it so I can see both.

As I write I am subconsciously seeing the list and concisely make my mind aware to try to use the words I see in my peripheral vision- I write my hub and when it's done, I publish it and the next day I'll take my list and start crossing terms off as I read it (you remember because you meditated to the list before starting the article, just trust your intuition!) and if I didn't use something I'll see if there is anywhere I can inject it NATURALLY. if it doesn't go without thinking about it I don't use it.

5. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

You can press refresh hundreds of times tongue

Or, read up on SEO.

haha! Nice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)