What 3 things do you think someone w/o a lot of time can do to increase their ea

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (50 posts)
  1. profile image59
    ElleBeeposted 11 years ago

What 3 things do you think someone w/o a lot of time can do to increase their earnings on Hub pages?

What tips do you have for someone to increase their earnings on HP even if they don't have a lot of time to dedicate to writing several new hubs every week or even month?

2. sparkster profile image85
    sparksterposted 11 years ago

Asking and answering questions can help to boost your income a little and doesn't require anywhere near as much time as writing a hub (oh look, you've already started!).  Aside from that, responding to comments and striking up a bit of a conversation on the comments sections of your hubs usually helps bring in a bit of extra traffic too.  If you haven't already, you can also sign up with social networking sites and post links to your hubs.  Perhaps work mainly on promotion rather than content or perhaps offer other freelance services outside of Hubpages.

1. profile image59
      ElleBeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great idea. I definitely have been working a bit with promotion, I think right now I am going to take the bit of time I have to try to write more hubs and then get back to promoting.

3. LauraGT profile image84
    LauraGTposted 11 years ago

Some ideas:

1. Increase Amazon or Ebay ads on your site with items relevant to your hubs.
    2. Work on increasing backlinks.
    3. Be active on Hubpages. I don't know exactly how this works, but I do notice when I'm more engaged in answering questions, responding in forums, and commenting on hubs, that my google hit go up.  Maybe it's my imagination, but it does seem to have an effect!

I think like everything on hubpages, there is no magic bullet, but every little bit can contribute, and a lot of it just has to do with the quality and relevance of your hubs!

Good luck!

1. profile image59

I have noticed #3 as well.  Definitely not just the imagination!

4. CrazyWolfy profile image59
    CrazyWolfyposted 11 years ago

Publish your hubs on your personal social profiles, that why you will bring people who are interested in you and your work, and you will get shared pretty easy.

1. profile image59

That makes sense. I have had crescentskies experience of not really enough followers to be a big help for me, but I've had some luck with twitter and reddit.

5. roxanne459 profile image79
    roxanne459posted 11 years ago

Write everyday. If you have 15 one day or an hour the next, use it to work on an article and publish them whenever you can. Slowly but surely you will see your portfolio grow and your views/income will follow. It takes time but, it will come.

1. profile image59

That makes sense.  I can definitely carve out 1/2 an hour or so a day for writing.

6. Grammagill profile image59
    Grammagillposted 11 years ago

I add links to my Hubs on Google +, Twitter, Facebook, and any other social site that allows this. Google + gets the most hits for me. Not getting rich by any means using all of the above. But I enjoy HubPages and will continue with it.
    Good Luck

1. Rock_nj profile image91
      Rock_njposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is your Google + friends, like Facebook friends, or just people you have linked up to in Google +?  Just wondering if it's different than Facebook, because I am careful who I link up with there, but Google + could be useful for random followers.  TY

2. profile image59

i will have to try this. i've linked on FB and twitter but not google+ that might have to come next.

7. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 11 years ago

1.  Focus efforts on backlinking to Hubs by joining relevant forums and work in links back to your Hubs in your responses.

2.  Get active on Twitter and other social media, and promote your Hubs to your followers.  Just don't go overboard and turn people off.

3.  Make sure your Hubs are properly linked together to drive traffic from Hub to Hub, and stay active on HubPages to pick up internal views.

1. profile image59

Okay, great ideas.  #3 is coming up a lot in people's answers, so I think it will be my next focus.

8. That Grrl profile image72
    That Grrlposted 11 years ago

Add a profile image so you look like a person rather than an anonymous being. Quite a lot of your traffic will come from within HubPages itself. Plus, someone landing on your post from outside of HP wants to see a face, even if it's a hand drawn caricature, something.

Also, if you can't write a new Hub post once a week there isn't much point in being here to make money. Your content won't get picked up in searches often enough to catch on. You can't make money without putting in time to promote your posts and create fresh content to bring in more readers.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree about volume.  Once you get around 100 articles the earnings will look better.  It helps to choose topics you can write about quickly, things you are already an expert on.

2. profile image59

i never thought about the picture thing, i'll definitely get on that ASAP. and that is true on the posting, i think i can reasonably find time to write about 3-4 hubs per month, then spread out the posting to about 1 per week.

9. mariasial profile image66
    mariasialposted 11 years ago

My three important things are :

1- Write quality and unique content
    2- choose niche with less competition
    3- Social networking

1. profile image59

Okay thanks. I don't have a ton of time to write, but I am definitely going to try to make the hubs I do write focus on a particular niche, hopefully I can find a unique one!

10. amuno profile image89
    amunoposted 11 years ago

I believe you should spend alot of this 'little time' to write good quality hubs. A few nicely crafted and targeted hubs can easily fetch more than what fifty or more of badly done hubs do.

Take time time to work on relevant keywords and topics and do not forget the evergreen topics. These will last you a long time and you could be making extra cash too.

Well written and relevant evergreen topics will always be Google friendly and that is where your readers are.

It is not easy; I am trying to work on that too, but ultimately, that should be the road for all of us.

Hope I make sense.

1. profile image59

Definitely makes sense smile I think you  - and others who have said similar things - are right that I should spend the little time I have on writing itself, and not worry as much about questions, comments etc. until I have more hubs myself.

11. Lorne Hemmerling profile image85
    Lorne Hemmerlingposted 11 years ago

All these suggestions work. I do a lot of sharing on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc. As far as entering into the HubPages community, you might want to ask or answer questions if you have something pertinent to add. But…..stay clear of SOME of the forums, they are not for the faint of heart!! Myself, I have no desire (or time) to argue with anyone, and many of them get very heated.

1. profile image59

I haven't spend much time in the forums. Thanks for the warning!

12. sassytuts profile image61
    sassytutsposted 11 years ago

There are many ways to increase the earnings on hub pages. I think the foremost is taking part in forum discussions. This gives a huge boost to traffic. Also we have to place our ads in a good location. Also it depends a lot on the quality and originality of content. Means the hubs should be your own and on engaging topics.

1. profile image59

all makes sense.  i definitely need to gte involved in the forums more, i frequently participate in the questions, but not so much in the forums. i'll have to make that a goal for this coming week.

13. JanMaklak profile image75
    JanMaklakposted 11 years ago

Since this is a social and writing site I think it is imperative to follow any hubbers whose work you like.  I don't think enough people get this.  We all want views and to get it we must be reading others work too.  Besides it may give you an idea to write a new hub or improve an old one.

I wrote a post on getting twitter followers and twitter has got me most of my traffic to date however the last week or two have been less than stellar.  I now have about 12.5 K followers and I tweet out regularly when I have a new post.  Same with Facebook as well.  I have about 460 followers and post a link to my hub every time I have a new one. 

To increase back links give as well as get.  You can link to others on Hub Pages, link your own posts together, post on other forum pages with a link to your page here and create other posts on other sites like Squidoo and Blogger.  Just be careful not to duplicate content or Hub Pages will reject your work and if it does get by Hub Pages, Google will lower your ranking on searches. 

A fourth thing I just thought of is Redgage.  If you write articles there and post photographs people will view your work there and you get paid for views as well.  I don't know the mechanics of that site but there is certainly nothing wrong with trying to link both sites. 

Now you mentioned the lack of time that is invested.  I am also an SBI member and their training says your income is directly related to the work put into your site.  They also feel that the more pages you have the more visits you will get pushing your Google rank upwards. 

Can you get other people to post for you?  It seems some of the most popular and prolific sites have others doing the work for them.  On a large scale Hub Pages is an example.  We all post here, the site has millions of pages as a result and they reap part of the reward.  Could you get others to post recipes or ideas on a site you own and summarize them here?  It's being done all over the web and its just trying to find out what could work for you here. 

Let us know if you come up with the magic formula.  Looks to like lots of work is the only way.
    Jan smile

1. profile image59

wow. this is a good answer, i had to read it twice to digest all the info, there is a lot here and a lot of good stuff, i will definitely be taking some of these suggestions to mind, especially linking to other writers hubs and increasing twitter use

14. SidKemp profile image86
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

Based on what I learned in the apprenticeship program, and focusing on things that don't take much time, I would recommend:

1. Choose titles that contain phrases people are likely to search for on Google. You can do the same with sub-titles.
    2. Be active on one or more of Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest. Share there, and promote other people's work, and promote hubs (not your own) there. (This gets you known as a generous and considerate social media networker. As a result, people will read your own stuff when it comes out.
    3. A day after you publish a hub, promote your own hub on which ever you use: Twitter, Facebook & Pinterest.

1. NotPC profile image58
      NotPCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Best answer by far. I laughed after reading some of the other answers. The question author stated in the question that he doesn't have much time for HubPages and JanMaklak  wrote a novel. Keep it real sid.

2. JanMaklak profile image75
      JanMaklakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Isn't this a writers site?  It takes less time to read than to write.

3. profile image59

Don't worry Jan I did read your post! And Sid, these are great suggestions thanks! I will definitely be making the effort to share more on twitter, especially other people's hubs.

15. mattforte profile image87
    mattforteposted 11 years ago

The number one reason people without time don't have time, is because they say they don't have time.

How much time you have is dependent on yourself. You have to be willing to prioritize.

1. profile image59

Definitely true on the prioritizing bit.  At the moment my full time job takes priority #1, my part time jobs take priority #2, my college course takes priority 3, then commuting, writing, eating and sleeping get to share the remaining time.

16. LucidDreams profile image65
    LucidDreamsposted 11 years ago

Backlink your individual hubs and hubpages profile where topic related and where the link will be of high quality.

Get social and introduce your work to other people who have the same interests by joining their conversations or starting your own. Use a variety of social networks instead of just facebook and twitter, Make sure to use them also though.

Make sure you have organized your hubs into same topic groups and create feeds to submit. You can also share other hubbers work and potentially get a boost to your own.

1. profile image59

I will definitely have to work on organizing my hubs by topic.

17. Ann810 profile image50
    Ann810posted 11 years ago

1. Write a Hub summary for each article.
    2. Submit your Hub URL's to Google, Yahoo, and AOL.
    3. Join Yahoo Answers and leave your Hub URL's in your answers without spamming.

1. profile image59

I have done number 1, but 2 and 3 i will definitely have to focus on!

18. GlendaGoodWitch profile image88
    GlendaGoodWitchposted 11 years ago

My Hubpage hits always increase dramatically when I share then on my Google + profile. That is the number one thing I suggest you do.

Sharing on Digg and StumbleUpon will increase your traffic a lot too.

I have also recently discovered that by going back to old Hubs and increasing the original content does wonders.

1. profile image59

i will definitely have to try google+ i have an account but never thought to use it for promoting hubs! (i usually stick w/ facebook and twitter).  great suggestions! thanks!

19. profile image0
    paxwillposted 11 years ago

Move your articles from Hubpages to your own site or another site.  I don't mean to be flip, but if you aren't getting enough views on HP, you might as well try greener pastures.  The only way to make money on HP is to get good search traffic, and unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do to change that if your time is precious.

I'm slowly moving mine to my own sites, and some to Infobarrel.  Some I will keep here for the backlinks.  Since I earn much more on other sites (and get 100 times the page views for very similar content) I just don't see any reason to stick with HP. 

Infobarrel is moving away from straight Adsense revenue sharing and migrating to a system where the pay you directly, like HP does. You can check them out if you like http://www.infobarrel.com/signup.php?ref_id=3453

If you stay with HP, I wish you the best of luck and hope you are able to find some non-time-consuming ways to improve your earnings and traffic.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is good advice for all areas of life. A smart person knows when to simply cut his or her losses if the effort is not being rewarded, and is not likely to be rewarded.  (And Paxwill is among the smartest here!)

2. profile image59

definitely worth considering. i think i'm going to stick with HP for now, but as i build up outside sites, i will definitely consider moving some of my articles there.

20. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 11 years ago

Hi ElleBee, I don't know if this would be considered time-consuming, but one thing I do is interlink articles that deal with similar subjects.  It has really increased my page views by a lot compared to when I wasn't doing this.  I just use the link capsule and give it a title like "what others are reading" and then select 3-5 articles I think my readers would also enjoy.

1. profile image59

awesome! that is definitely something i have time to do. i actually have been wanting to do that a bit, and wasn't exactly sure how!  i can link to other people's articles as well as similar articles of my own. thanks smile

21. manofmystery24 profile image60
    manofmystery24posted 11 years ago

1. Write persistantly.

2. Read other hubs and comment.

3. Vote for hubs.

4. Follow people that have similar interests

5. Ask Questions.

1. profile image59

i will definitely work on these. esepcially 2-5. as i said earlier, the reason i'm asking this question is because i lack the time right now, to write as regularly as i would like.

22. mackyi profile image65
    mackyiposted 11 years ago

My three suggestions for increasing earnings on HubPages are the following:
    1.Write a lot of Quality Hubs
    2.Write consistently
    3.Pray hard that you get enough traffic

23. Neinahpets profile image81
    Neinahpetsposted 11 years ago

Sharing your links on sites like Twitter, Pintrest, Facebook, Digg, Delicious, Blinklist, Chime This and Diigolet keep your links promoted and passed around while you are away.

24. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 9 years ago

i agree with all the answers here. I don't write everyday. Only once a month. So, i read, comment, vote and answer questions everyday. Does help with the earnings

1. profile image59
      ElleBeeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like good advice peachpurple, everything people were saying seemed to make a lot of sense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)