Quotes by Jews

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Albert Einstein

Golda Meir (Israel’s representative to the United Nations, was the first of the delegates to react to the news of Pope Pius XII’s death.)

Emilio Zolli (The former chief rabbi of Rome during the German occupation)

Pinchas Lapide (Israeli diplomat and scholar)

Jeno Levai (The foremost Jewish Scholar of the Holocaust)

Dr. Joseph Nathan (who represented the Hebrew Commission in 1945)

The quotes above are taken from The Truth About Pope Pius XII.

Rabbi David Dalin wrote this essay titled A Righteous Gentile: Pope Pius XII and the Jews.

Rabbi David Dalin also wrote this book titled The Myth of Hitler's Pope which completely disputes John Cornwell's book titled Hitler's Pope.

God bless them all.

Obviously by now you should realize this thread is to attempt to put an end to the myth that Pope Pius XII was a German collaborator.  And to show the good works that Catholics did during WWII to try to save Jewish lives.

Quite the different story than what is trying to be portrayed these days.

If the above is not enough proof for you then you may want to watch the videos on Investigating the papacy of  Pope Pius XII.  Even just the first video is quite revealing.

There are also quite a few articles on Pope Pius XII and the Holocaust here.

Mike

2. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Yeah Mike, I've always found it kind of interesting that smart people back in the day. I mean the brainiacs upon whom we now base most of our scientific concepts never really denied the Divine. For them it wasn't a concept too far-fetched. Or something that would make you less smarter if you chose to believe in it. Unlike today...nice quotes, Mike.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you missed his point. You might want to try reading it before commenting. lol

Mike was just proving that the catholics are really the good guys and a few jews think so too - Despite all the bad press, child molesting, cover ups, pope being a Nazi, political shenanigans, money laundering etc etc etc. lol

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah I realize I kinda veered. But my point is, even a smart guy like Einstein didnt think it too far-fetched to acknowledge the Divine. I realize his point about the Catholics being the good guys and all.

So if dumb guys think there is a god this means there isn't? lol

And any way, Einstein was a self-professed agnostic:

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being." Albert Einstein, 1949.

1. profile image0

i'm not saying Einstein was a crusader. Everybody knows he wasn't. And who's talking about a personal God? Not me. But I like that quote though. You can tell this Einstein Dude wasn't full of himself at all. I mean talking about humility corresponding to weakness of intellect and all. That's deep. I like guys who are smart and humble. They get me everytime.

He was a clever man, no question. And was often annoyed that when he refused to clearly state that he was an atheist, other's twisted that to mean he believed in the "divine."

So when you say "Divine," what do you mean exactly? Is this different to the god you worship?

1. profile image0

I just think "Divine" is an all encompassing word. Any individual, irrespective of his or her religious-affiliations relates with the word. It speaks of both God and all that is His.

Sounds like "special," big_smile

If everyone is special, no one is. wink Which film?

1. profile image0

Tricky man, Mark. You know I'm into movies, right. Lol. Thing is the film's title is at the tip of my tongue, but I just cant name it. Help me out though.

3. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

This forum never ceases to amaze me.  Now people are arguing about the minuscule details.  Einstein may have been considered agnostic by faith, but many Jews are known for considering themselves Jewish culturally while not practicing a religion.  The arguing is in the details, and this is really not something to debate.

1. profile image0

Me too. But its all fun. No one is getting killed or anything.

4. Make  Money profile image66

A little off topic but I don't mind.

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."  Albert Einstein

"I'm not an atheist. I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws.  Albert Einstein

Thanks fierycj.

5. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist. Albert Einstein

Not sure why you religionists insist on lying about it and Mr. Einstein himself appears to have been pretty upset about it. Oh well - anything to push your god huh? Lying is OK if it for god. lol

Thanks Make Money.

1. profile image0

Hey Hey, easy guys. Now I'm not saying either is correct. Personally, I wouldn't care much about what Einstein or anyone believed in. But either of you guys' quotes are clearly contradictory. What makes either right or wrong. I suppose if both of you were right then perhaps Einstein wouldn't be as smart as we give him credit for. I mean, being so damn confused and all.

Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You got that right fierycj, Einstein does sound confused when you compare his writings on God and religion, doesn't he.  It seems like he was more of a rationalist than an atheist.  I like that, it shows that he was still searching.

Should we move on to Golda Meir's quotes now? smile

1. profile image0

He certainly was a fan of the Pope, wasn't he? Golda Meir. But thats quite interesting, isn't it. Why? He didnt have to publicly declare these things, did he. Why?

No Golda Meir didn't have to publicly declare what she did about Pope Pius XII (Golda was a female).  But she did because she knew the help that Pope Pius XII and the Catholic underground gave to Jews in Europe during World War II.

It's quite the different story than we are being told today.  It's amazing how a couple of highly advertised false books can re-write history these days.  There is an investigation under way right now to try to uncover whether John Cornwell's book titled Hitler's Pope was commissioned by the KGB.  Maybe you can enlighten us Mark? smile

lol

I have no idea Make Money. I imagine, like many political organizations there were factions for and against Nazism in the catholic church. Just like there were many British in favor of what Hitler was doing. Which the government did an extremely good job of disguising. The same way the catholic church and the British government are doing to this day. Spreading lies in the guise of asking questions.

That is what politicians do. That is what you are doing now.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60

Well, he clearly stated he was an agnostic. Which I guess is a rationalist also. He also clearly stated he was an atheist as far as a Jesuit was concerned.

6. Make  Money profile image66

lol lol Silly Mark.  The two recent quotes from Einstein that I posted were quoted from this wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Ein … e-eigod-55

Here's another,

And what is your point Make Money? That the catholic church does not condone or hide nazis and child molesters?

"My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment." Albert Einstein

He couldn't have made it any clearer than that could he?

7. Make  Money profile image66

Well if the KGB commissioned John Cornwell to write the book titled Hitler's Pope then it should be made public.

The investigation into this is mentioned in this video.
    http://www.barhama.com/PAVETHEWAY/5.html

I just watched the video again.  Actually the story broke last year, which is being investigated now that according to one account the KGB was behind the 1963 novel/play called The Deputy (also known as The Representative and also made into a film called Amen) which basically re-wrote the history of Pope Pius XII during WWII.  The video above also disputes John Cornwell's book titled Hitler's Pope as being academic dishonesty.  Thanks again fierycj.

8. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Your ability to perpetually provide resources to support your points never ceases to amaze me, Mike.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)