How come my Hubber score doesn't get higher than 90?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Cardia profile image75
    Cardiaposted 12 years ago

Hi,
    I've been on Hubpages for a few months now, and I've published four hubs. I also try to take part in the forums (especially the Hubber's Hangout) and I leave comments on other people's Hubs as well as Hop Hubs.
    I've noticed that my score has never gotten into the 90's. Is it that I need to publish more Hubs? I'm just being curious. Thanks!

1. Pcunix profile image92
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

More hubs, more traffic, more time.

Remember: it is a meaningless number unless it falls below 75.

Actually, I should add this:

High scores (99-100) become "meaningful" in the sense that attaining that level will cause more people to "follow" you.

However, 99% of those so-called "followers" will never actually read anything you write (they just followed you because they want someone "important" to follow them back), so "followers" is also a largely meaningless number.

If you DON'T follow them back (I don't), they may drop you the next day anyway.  That's a crushing loss :-)

1. JT Walters profile image71
          JT Waltersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL  :-),

JT

2. sofs profile image78
    sofsposted 12 years ago

That is true..hubber scores are meaningless.. if you have more than 75 You don't need to stress out..it goes up and down all the time.. It eventually will rise..but just go on doing what you do..don't attach too much importance to the score.

Thanks

3. DIY Backlinks profile image58
    DIY Backlinksposted 12 years ago

Just keep doing what your doing and as others already said, it's not too important unless you fall below 75.

4. JT Walters profile image71
    JT Waltersposted 12 years ago

I asked the same question over a few weeks ago and my score has continued to drop. I have alot of traffic like 250 hits a day and over 400 hubs.  I also have a lot of outside traffic. My score keeps dropping. I have no idea why. I am moving towards 75. I ama staring to stress.

1. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you have links going repeatedly to the same site..or too many ads... I wonder why... if you have 400 hubs..how could you have such poor score..?

EDIT
      I just took a look at one of your hubs... making your own Christmas wreaths
      Here are a few things I noticed
      It had around 350 words... The first sentence has got a mistake... Instead of alluded you have written eluded...
      Grammar and spelling are important..  and I found quiet a few.. ( not that I am perfect..but something that change the meaning itself)
      Pay attention to these .. and maybe longer hubs would help..
      I am not suggesting that your hubs have no value.. far from it...it may benefit to write longer hubs...IMO
      Maybe there are other things affecting your hubs..you could try putting a couple of your on extreme makeover to get some suggestions..

Thank you for taking a look. Yes this is the shortest one I have written in months. It is 370 words.  I run everything through spell chacka dn grammer check on word first.  But I will go back and look at it again in the morning when my eyes are fresh.  Almost every single hub I have written in the last couple of months have been over 500 words and some over 1500.  I try to stop at 1500 as anything longer is too much.

Thank you for looking and i will take another gander in the morning.

JT

2. JT Walters profile image71

I went back and read this i don't know why Grammar check in Word didn't catch a lot of the mistakes. Thank you so much.  I guess I can't count on word for grammar check.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Having looked over your Hubs, you seem to have created a variety this fall which were specific to current events and topics which once passed no longer remain relevant as time moves on.  That sort of Hub inventory will only erode in value over time.

And as far as your Hubs which related to the holidays, that's a super competitive field and unless you make your topics and subject matter really specialized and find unique angles to pursue, you can lose traffic to other web pages on the same general ideas which are beating your pages in the search engine results.

Thank you. My political hubs will last into the election of 2012.  I have written on so many topics that only a small percentage of them are on current affairs.  Autism is here to stay as well as home schooling and biochemistry, cancer, physics, history mathematics, college applications et al.  It is a huge varety.

I didn't realize that Holiday hubs were super competitive. I just thought those hubs would be useful. But I have pretty high traffic scores daily so I still don't understand why my scores are so low. But thank you for looking and providing feedback. It is appreciated. I am still relatively new so I don't understand all of this stuff.  Thank you for taking the time to researcha nd answer.

5. timburton287 profile image60
    timburton287posted 12 years ago

Sorry for posting this question here, but I'm just wondering how many words will be the perfect number for a hub? Is this true the longer the post is, the more score I get? Thank you.

1. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, absolutely not... You could aim your hub around 600 words.. but the quality is most important..do you have something to say that would be useful to someone? Wordy hubs do not get you higher scores...but since Google loves longer articles and traffic is also an element in score calculations ..it was suggested to the OP..
      Google is also looking for readability and good use of language.
      At the end of the day your keywords, traffic and SEO optimization is what count and bring you the pennies.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My best performing hub has over 1300 words (score 96), however, my second best hub has a bit over 350 (score 78). I earn money on both of them. It's basically how much traffic your hubs get that count for earning.

My most popular is 1892 words.  Second most is 1295 and the third is 1492.   The one most popular over the past few weeks has 2235 words.

I think people worry too much about "wordy".   If it takes 2,000 words to cover what you need to cover, then that's what it takes.    I only concern myself with content, not how long it gets.

It may be true that I lose some of those with short attention spans and poor reading skills.  That's OK, really.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pcunix that's exactly what I do.  I go into detail so that my readers don't need to search again

1. timburton287 profile image60
            timburton287posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for useful replies of you all.

6. Felixedet2000 profile image57
    Felixedet2000posted 12 years ago

you need to be really concern as a good hubber when your over all hub pages score is going down, mind is and i am really worried, it is true yes that my traffic is rising so much but i i am not comfortable nor having a corresponding increases in hub page's score, i suggest the more the traffic we amass, the more the responsibility to updates our hubs to suite our new status in traffic ranking.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)