Does anyone paint Citadel Miniatures of any kind?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Wayne Tully profile image66
    Wayne Tullyposted 12 years ago

I've recently rediscovered a past hobby that I used to do as a kid and found it to be an enjoyable hobby once again. Games Workshop sells many models and figures and as a collector I just love to paint these figures...got some skeleton warriors to build and paint soon!

Wayne Tullyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No one? ......Ah well I was always a lonely child Waaaaaaahhhh gimme some milk and cookies!!!

1. LeanMan profile image80
        LeanManposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I used to collect and paint them many years ago when they were "lead" miniatures not plastic. Had a collection in the thousands as I used to wargame and play AD&D (Please don't tell anyone!)
        I have not seen any for years being overseas, I wonder if my ex-wife still has my collection as it is probably worth a few quid now as I had thousands that I hand painted. They must have been painted Ok as I had other people pay me to paint theirs also.............. memories... back to my milk and cookies.. lol

Yeah I have a box of lead miniatures with some good ones I used to paint and some bad ones I over painted, but I had way more of these figures and I think it was just the price of them that stopped me buying anymore, but now I've got back into it and building up a small collection again to paint as a hobby. I never used to play the games though...I never could get into all that....

I will be painting a Nurgle Daemon Prince, an Undead Skeleton Warrior figure and an army of Skeletons on undead horses as hubpages fairly soon...it's just taking awhile to put together....

2. MrPokemon profile image56
      MrPokemonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I used to LOVE these when I was a kid.  every now and again I think about getting into it again, but never quite get around to it (they're hardly cheap to get an army together)

Have a lizard man army sitting around in my attic unpainted though, might try dig those out...

2. Barnsey profile image71
    Barnseyposted 12 years ago

Its funny to me how you talk about doing this hobby when you were a kid! How did you afford this expensive stuff when you were a kid? I only recently got involved in 40k wargaming and quickly became engrossed. The painting is the best part. At times I had to peel myself away, and then nothing feels better than destroying your enemies with your carefully painted models. I have a few hubs displaying army lists and D20 D&D type gaming material. At forty one years old I don't think I will ever give these things up. Once you have everything you need for the game it costs nothing. There are few hobbies or pastimes that are that cut and dry.

Birthdays and Christmas's I used to ask for lots of Skeletons and lead miniatures to paint and it all just built up from there and then when I hit 19 I just stopped altogether until last month when I decided to buy a few finecast miniatures from the Games Workshop site.

I love to collect and paint the models, and draw Warhammer stuff, but hate to play the game as I'm just not interested in what the game has to offer really.

2. MrPokemon profile image56
      MrPokemonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pocket money and paper round money, not to mention birthdays and xmas.

Mind you they were much more affordable back then...

3. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 12 years ago

I have a massive space marine and imperial guard force.....mind boggling in terms of the amount of troops and firepower I could set down on a table..

4. Zakmoonbeam profile image92
    Zakmoonbeamposted 12 years ago

Oh wow! I have not done that for many years, but you have rekindled my interest with but a few lines of text smile

Now, the biggest question is should I start with Fantasy or 40k models?  Good luck with the skellies, nothing better than a massed horde to get the blood going!

5. mikelong profile image60

I have added non-Citadel miniatures and vehicles to make my forces more unique.

I have two huey's, humvees, lav's, a couple amtraks, a main battle tank (Leopard 2), and a couple mobile artillery pieces. My catachan forces have been accessorized with Vietnam War era items..helmets, m-16's, backpacks, etc.

1. Barnsey profile image71
      Barnseyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Awesome, I only got into the game in the past year. I have 4400pts of Ultramarines. Lets see some pictures of those vehicles and such on one of your hubs, eh?

6. mikelong profile image60

Surely. I will have to do that.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6431607_f248.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6431609_f248.jpg

7. mikelong profile image60

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6431692_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6431695_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6431699_f248.jpg

Holy...! I hear church bells, or is that Astral Choir of the Imperium? You weren't kidding...ya,ya, whole lot of..nod,nod. You could just game against yourself with all that I bet. I have to ask, have ya?

8. mikelong profile image60

There is far more that you're not seeing, though. Even more still in boxes. I've been playing for 13 or 14 years. I have used them for story writing purposes..for extra visualization.

It's hard to find a good game these days, however.

That is true. I was introduced to the game by a lifer and spread the fever through three other guys, therefore creating my competition. So easily twisted toward my purposes, but still finding the time when two guys can get together and play is like pulling teeth.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)