Romney Says:

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (42 posts)
  1. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/08/romneys-big-night/   

Romney's description of the Obama Presidency

1. Zubair Ahmed profile image74
      Zubair Ahmedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't vote for Romney or Obama they are exactly the same and will not bring any change that actually improves the condition of the 99% of Americans that are suffering under the current regime propped up by Wall Street

1. adjkp25 profile image89
        adjkp25posted 11 years agoin reply to this

They are not the same.

Voting for someone else is certainly within everyone's rights but both men stand for differing positions on a multitude of issues.

2. tammybarnette profile image60
        tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Zubair, They are complete opposites, Obama stands for the many, Romney for the few...

1. Zubair Ahmed profile image74
          Zubair Ahmedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I disagree I think they are 2 sides of the same coin.  I've watched many of their debates and they have not said anything that actually changes the status quo.  They both have the same foreign policies they both agree on bailing out the corrupt financial system but they don't give a great deal to the poor in society...etc. etc.

2. kathleenkat profile image83
          kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Zubair is correct.

On the grand scheme of things, as compared to the rest of the world, they are very similar. They are fighting over whether or not homosexuals can marry, when in other countries homosexuality is illegal and punishable by death. They are fighting over whether or not abortions should be illegal, or birth control should be available, when in other countries women who get pregnant out of wedlock are stoned to death. They are arguining over fair pay and fair wages, when in other countries there are absolutely not labor laws whatsoever.

They are arguing over whether to put ketchup or mustard on their fries, when the rest of the room is still waiting for their order, if you ask me.

3. innersmiff profile image66
          innersmiffposted 11 years agoin reply to this

On what basis can you say that they are opposites? They both agree on the most important issues for me:
          The police state
          Endless war
          The drug war
          Massive government
          Corporate fascism (to varying degrees)

I think, the only way one could see that these two individuals are 'complete opposites' would be if one only operated on received opinion from the mainstream media. 'Obama stands for the many, Romney stands for the few' is a completely meaningless assertion that even a campaign advisor would chuck out.

Obama's first signed law was the Lily Ledbedder Act in order to make it easier for women to fight for fair pay-Romney is trying to take away women's rights, starting with our productive rights-Obama fights for the middle class and poor, when poverty spiked to 15% Obama made sure these people could get food benefits, he also has worked to save homes for those under water mortgages, as well as saving the auto industry-Romney intends to end wefare programs for the poor and elderly, he would let banks, auto industries and families "hit the floor" meaning bankruptcy without the help of federal aid-Obama passed a healthcare bill inorder to cover all Americans-Romney will repeal-Obama took student loans away from the banks and sends checks directly to the individual, cutting out the middle man, keeping interest low and setting the pay back as a sliding scale that builds as pay builds when the person has graduated and employed-Romneywill repeal this and give student loans back to the banks-Obama has increased the arm of the EPA to fight for cleaner, healthier planet--Romney will end this, he will rid many regulations that are in place to give us cleaner air, water, safer food...Wow the list goes on and on, I could type all day if I had the time....

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
              Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obama giving food benefits to poverty=spending money we don't have.

Obama saving underwater homes=spending money we don't have (yes, borrow 300k for a house from a bank, and the government will pay it back for you if you can't afford to!)

Obama saving the auto industry=spending money we don't have

Obamacare=spending money we don't have

Obama reducing student loan rates=spending money we don't have (again, borrow thousands of dollars from the government, no need to pay it back if you can't within 10 years!)

Obama giving money to EPA=spending money we don't have

Believe it or not, Romney being against that stuff is not because he's some evil woman/elderly/poor/student hater. It's because he doesn't want the government to over-spend on programs (that only help certain interest groups) when we are in debt. I didn't vote for either Obama or Romney, but I find you setting Romney up to look like some evil being with an unethical agenda is just amusing to me.

So your plan? Let the poor starve, let the industries hit the floor, how does the build a better America for all? Romney is not evil, he is a Republican who used to be moderate and now has his strings pulled by a far right GOP, whose agendas represent the 1%-I actually think his good nature has made it easier for them to manipilate him, but that's only my opinion...the rest above are just the facts.

1. kathleenkat profile image83

If I had all the answers, I would be the surpreme ruler of the world lol

Just sayin', there's good and bad elements in everything. Painting rainbows on Obama's ass while making Romney to look like an evil chicken puppet isn't going to fix the world. And obviously if Obama was doing an effective job "fixing the world" he would get 100% voter turn-out in his favor.

1. innersmiff profile image66

Bahaha, no, there is no rational basis for criticising Obama, silly. They're all racists or corporate whores . . . neutral

2. tammybarnette profile image60

I was actually trying to show the difference, and used only facts...As far as the country being split in half just reflects the differences in the two ideologies...but yes, we should be trying to find a middle ground that truly represents all smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
                Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Austerity has been proved to not work, it only makes things worse. People have money, people spend money, businesses make money...

1. innersmiff profile image66

Hey, let's just write out a check for one million dollars for every family in the country. How could that possibly go wrong?

I actually read someones hub on that, he stated that would be cheaper in the long run, a one time donation to get a start, it would end the administrative jobs that oversee the programs and probably where most of the money goes. Then you make it or you don't..I kind of find that interesting

Yes, instead of giving people the oportunity to make their own money, lets just give them money that isn't theirs so they can spend it! Free money, yay! Or, you can teach a man to fish rather than give him fish.

How many fish are in this pond?

3. innersmiff profile image66

- Romney is perhaps slightly more pro-life than Obama, but none of his proposed legislation seems set to change anything significant. The curve over the past few decades has been toward greater choice for women (not so great choice for men, but hey ho). However, neither of these candidates has proposed the simplest and sanest solution: let the states decide.

-  Romney is not going to end any significant welfare programs. He is in fact criticising Obama for cutting medicare in order to pay for Obamacare, and would in fact replace Obamacare with his own Romneycare - in other words, no difference whatsoever.

- I'm not sure anybody can claim that that auto-industry is 'saved' since most jobs have been now shipped overseas. The auto-industry in America has been dying for years and should have been left to die. Long-term economic stability is much preferred to short-term jobs paid for by confiscated money. In other words, the collapse of GM would be a very big owie, but even children know that owies are good, because despite the fact that they may hurt for a little bit, we now know not to do that thing that causes the pain in the first place. Bad businesses should accept the consequences for their actions (I can't believe so-called liberals, who can go on all day about corporate greed, advocate giving trillions to corporations who have proven that they don't know how to use that money). Let them die and start again from the beginning, building a sustainable and free auto-industry in its wake.

But Romney? He is not making any noises against bail-outs.

- So basically both Obama and Romney want to tie students into mountains of debt, where is the disagreement? Whether it's the government or the banks doing it, it's still not an economically productive enterprise.

- Romney is not proposing the end of the EPA.

And where is your response to my important issues? Convince me to vote for Obama!

Actually saving the auto industry, bringing back industry, creating new industry, all save the middle class...Yes Romney will make large cuts to welfare programs he has said, neither want to end medicaid BUT all of this back and forth solves nothing, so your original question is about a police state, endless war, drug war,....? Can you elaborate?

2. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Everything Romney says is misrepresented. For examaple I remember gas pricing soaring during GW Bush. The president has nothing to do with the supply and demand associated with rising gas prices. And if they do, why did not Bush make the appropriate correction?

People, this is not tweedle dum and tweedle dee, there is a definite difference on wheree the opposing camps want to take us. Obama is a David against an incredibly powerful and malevolent Golieth. And while the unpleasant trend fomented by these people continue, I am not going to put someone into power who is one of them, in both word and deed.

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
    Repairguy47posted 11 years ago

Its too late for the propaganda! Obama loses.

3. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 11 years ago

Honestly, I just can't wait for this election to be over...we've gotten pounds of election ads, lies, myths--whatever you want to call them--in the mail, from both parties.  Our phone has been ringing constantly, again, from both parties, but the majority are from Romney, to where we just quit answering it if we don't recognize the number...

Did I mention we live in the swing state OHIO???  lol 

If I had to judge by what I see and hear in this part of Ohio, Romney is clearly the most popular candidate here.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Too bad the people from his home state are voting against him as well as telling everybody who will listen that he has done NONE of the things he's telling people he did!  Generally it's a good thing to have a President who comes from your state...the exact opposite seems to be happening here.  To me, this is a VERY big red flag!

I have a thread of his top 50 accompishments if you would like to check it out...same about Romney with red flags then http://www.boston.com/politicalintellig … story.html  Boston Globe endorses Obama

4. American View profile image61
    American Viewposted 11 years ago

Romney says... Sounds like a rap song

LOL, It does lol

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image68
        Cody Hodge5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

The song "Jane says" immediately pops into my mind haha

5. profile image52
    lukasdenposted 11 years ago

watch Romney fall lol ==== http://ldenison.find-a-deal.info/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)