100 days 100 "Good Quality" hubs Challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)
  1. gags3480 profile image60
    gags3480posted 11 years ago

Hey follow hubbers, this year I have thought to give a unique & tough challenge to myself. I will try to publish 100, good quality hubs in next 100 days. I invite you all to have a look at it & give me your opinion. If you think, that the hub is not of good quality, then tell it to me. I will immediately delte/edit it as per your suggestions. So lets start.

2. gags3480 profile image60

My 1st hub-

http://gags3480.hubpages.com/hub/Ways-t … ine-Part-1

Some top & great ways to make money online

1. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Instead of this kind of spam, why not use the site to make some real money?

Depressing...

1. A Driveby Quipper profile image56
        A Driveby Quipperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Depressing, because it can't be done.

1. Will Apse profile image87
          Will Apseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Never say, never. Keep calm and carry on.

gags3480posted 11 years agoin reply to this

A Driveby, I don't think that this can't be done. Coz I am doing it. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Will Apse, it's not a spam at all. I am myself earning from these sites that's why I shared it with you all. To support it, I will also add my cheque's pics with it which I am getting from these sites.
        By the way, thanks for the suggestion. I will try to improve my article.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Neither photo has any attribution.  Are they legal?

3. gags3480 profile image60

My 2nd hub-

http://gags3480.hubpages.com/hub/Golden-Pork-Chops

Tasty Golden Pork Chops recipe

1. wilderness profile image96

Extremely short, and I doubt that a random pic from google.in is legal to use. 

Rather than use a pic that is scattered all over the web in different recipes, you might take a pic yourself.

I took the pic from web just because it had beautiful dressing, which I was not able to do with my home made recipe. More importantly, for me the pic doesn't matters much. I focus more on giving my readers a Tasty & tested recipe which I have successfully done so far. There are many who have given lots of feedback on my recipes, saying that they were easy to make & delicious too.

The point was that the pic is probably illegal to use; you have stolen someone else's work and reproduced it as your own, or at least have given no indication that you did not do so.  You need to attribute that pic, giving the location where it was gotten and listing the license under which you are able to use it.

The quality of the recipe is immaterial; you asked for a critique of the hub.  I have little doubt the recipe is good, but the hub needs some work on it.  Another couple of hundred words at a minimum, and some legal pictures.

4. daisydayz profile image84
    daisydayzposted 11 years ago

Hi the recipe is good, but I kind of agree about the image. I post a lot of recipes and except for one they all have my own photos. If you cant dress it as nicely just take a good quality photo. My problem with so amny recipes that just use internet images is that we have no idea you actually ever cooked it and you could just have pulled it from a cookery book, and anyone can do that. And Google will mind if the image is just a reproduction one even if you dont. It's just an idea but I would say to add your own images and maybe a intro paragraph as well, your probably not hitting 500 words even.

OK. I understood what you want to say. I will cook it again in a couple of days time & then post a original pic of the recipe. Writing a introductory para is a great suggestion which I have already written. Will post it with the new pic in couple of days time.
      Thanks for the suggestions.

5. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

Hmmm.  So I can rip a picture off the net of some fabulous meal and then mumble on about peeling potatoes and boiling lamb or something (I don't do much cooking).

Tah-dah!

A fantastic meal for three, cost four cents, five minutes cook time and only 3 calories.

1. A Driveby Quipper profile image56
      A Driveby Quipperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha ha. You are so funny.

6. gags3480 profile image60

My 3rd hub-

http://gags3480.hubpages.com/hub/Want-H … r-Eat-This

Foods which one should eat to make his/her hair healthy & shiny..........

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
      MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pretty... but it only has around 250 words.

Maybe a 30 in 30 would be a better challenge... Focus on substance instead of speed?

Got it. I think you have a good point. I need to write a little more. Will do that in all my future hubs.

2. daisydayz profile image84
        daisydayzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Adding an explanatory introduction to the start of your hubs would be a good start to upping your word count. Like Wilderness said they really need to be a minimum of 500 words. I usually aim for between 750 and 1000, although recipes can get away with a little less. Good Luck

2. wilderness profile image96

At <300 words it is extremely short - you will be better off to shoot for around 1000 words, with a minimum of 500. 

You might look into the idea of "stellar" hubs in the learning center.  It gives a good idea of what is considered a top hub.

Your photos still have no attribution, no source and no indication of a license to use.  How to properly attribute photos is also in the learning center.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
        MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Here's a question... since we are talking about it... If every photo used in a hub is from the same source is it okay to just give a general credit line at the end of the hub rather than with each one?

Something like "All the photos in this article are by Bob at Bob's Photo dot com used with his permission" or something that says that but is written a bit better anyway.

I think that would satisfy the legal requirements.  HP likes to see the link so it can be checked, but that is not absolutely necessary.

Unless the pic is public domain (and it should then say so, with a link that proves it) nearly all photos garnered from the web will require attribution to be legal.  It's a part of the copyright in most cases - you can use it (or not) but have to attribute it to the owner.

If it's not by permission, as in your example, then the particular license being used should be listed as well.

*edit* I should note that unless permission is specifically given then a random photo is neither legal nor ethical to use.  It is no different than copying a hub and re-publishing it somewhere else - photos are copyrighted just like text is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)