Need Motivation Guys...Pls Share your success stories

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (28 posts)
  1. akshay199325 profile image67
    akshay199325posted 8 years ago

Actually i am new here and not understanding how to make people view my hub. So i need some motivation. Share your personal success stories

1. Olivia Sanzzi profile image60
      Olivia Sanzziposted 8 years agoin reply to this

First and foremost, welcome, akshay! I think you'll find that Hubpages is a fun place to be.

As for your question, I don't think that there is any one "way" to intrigue visitors, other than to be sure to write about a topic you are passionate about in a way that's straight from the heart.

In my case, I have been on Hubpages for roughly six weeks, and even though I have no traffic to brag about, I FEEL very successful. Why? My goal isn't to make money. I mean it. It's to 1) force me to dive outside my online writing comfort zone, and 2) help me more fully grasp a complicated topic by teaching my newfound-knowledge to those who might find it of use. I think I have fallen in love with everything related to the HubPages portal, partially because I find the process of crafting a well-written post very, very rewarding.

In summary, the most motivating "tip" I can offer is this: enjoy the process, and learn something along the way. Joy is contagious,  so the rest will follow. smile

2. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to hp. When i first join hp five years ago, it took me four months with fifty hubs to get my first payout. You need to write 700 words hub, use own pics or pixabay and reduce ext links. Try posting one hub in every two or three days

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Whereas once HubPages was an extremely profitable and highly-trafficked site, it has been getting slammed by Google repeatedly for about four years now.  The initial Panda and Penguin algorithm changes severely impacted the site, and continue to do so. 

The latest change to Google's coding saw HubPages lose just over a further 20% of the incoming traffic just a couple of months ago.

Traffic and CPMs on this site are now a fraction of what they once were, when compared to levels in 2010-2011.  Most writers have found their reader and earning levels are now over 70% lower than what they once experienced.

4. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hello and welcome!
      The advice you're getting here is all good. Pick and choose what works for you in the way of style, then, share what you know. This is an incredible opportunity to hone your writing skills and with time I predict you will develop a writing style that best suits your readers and followers.
      Read what others have written and leave comments. This is a good way to gain exposure in the community.
      All the best to you,
      Peg

5. montecristo profile image76
      montecristoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi, About me, I have done Hub pages on and off. I made at least two checks. I would say be consistent and don't get hung up over money. I have been doing this for  4 years and still enjoy it and some of the people are very nice and helpful. The thing that I find is to list your link everywhere. Facebook, twitter, Digg and google are good especially if you have a large list of  friends.You might try writing a blog or ezine. It is time consuming but if you stick with it, you will start seeing some checks. I, myself, do it for pleasure so whether I get a check or not isn't a big deal. Being diligent on your writings might be the way to go so don't give up.

2. akshay199325 profile image67

Thnx for the wonderful answer olivia and i appreciate your ideas

3. Olivia Sanzzi profile image60
    Olivia Sanzziposted 8 years ago

You are more than welcome. ^_^

4. Chriswillman90 profile image92
    Chriswillman90posted 8 years ago

Indeed welcome and good luck with everything!

You're obviously not likely to get rich off of Hubpages, but I think it's a fantastic place to learn, grow, and develop your portfolio.

I've been here for about 7 months now and the community and support is fantastic. You really feel like a writer on here because of the support system.

Many hubbers have used this as a launching point for their own blogs, websites, and other writing careers, and I eventually hope to do the same. I don't want to leave this place though because of its healthy environment and people.

As for motivation, the accolades and feedback is always nice to have. I haven't figured out the secret to mass viewership yet because I'm no SEO wiz but perhaps you will. Ultimately if you take advantage of all the possibilities this place has to offer, then you'll succeed eventually.

5. my_girl_sara profile image76
    my_girl_saraposted 8 years ago

Start off with a good title to your hub. If you have a topic in mind, start a google search and see what others have done. I personally get a lot of views from pinterest so definitely post your blogs there as well as facebook.

Another great place is google+. Supposedly, since google is the main place people search, it helps your SEO if you have it on google+ as well. I started a bloggers community and that's where I post my blogs. Here's the link https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities … 493843154.

A bit of warning about google+...in the area where you say something about your post, make it like an ad, relevant to your blog. Don't say, "hope you enjoy my latest work." That phrase will pop up on searches. Nobody will click on your link with a catch phrase like that.

Good luck!

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
      DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I liked your suggestions and even looked up your bloggers community but got a 404 error.

6. Virginia Allain profile image87
    Virginia Allainposted 8 years ago

I find it helps to have a good photo on your hub and then pin it to Pinterest. They pass it around on there and you'll get viewers.

1. Olivia Sanzzi profile image60
      Olivia Sanzziposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's a truly useful tip, Virginia! Thank you for the idea. I'll put it to use in my next post. ^_^

7. akshay199325 profile image67

Thankyou so much guys ,you really helped me alot

8. akshay199325 profile image67

Guys i want to ask one more thing is my way of presenting my hubs good, if not please advice me because i have knowledge about my topics but if i couldn't present them well then they will be of no use.

9. Robert Sacchi profile image85
    Robert Sacchiposted 8 years ago

Has HubPages posted anything to explain how to get decent traffic in the Panda/Penguin world of Google?

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

How are you defining "decent traffic?"

I suggest you follow the site blog to keep abreast of admin's theories, http://blog.hubpages.com

1. Robert Sacchi profile image85
        Robert Sacchiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't thinking about a definite number.  Panda/Penguin have meant lower traffic for article farms such as HubPages.   I was just wondering if there was any specific information on how articles can get higher standing from Google and other search engines.  Thank you for the tip.

10. paradigm search profile image53
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

HubPages should be one avenue, not one's only avenue.

11. WiccanSage profile image91
    WiccanSageposted 8 years ago

I've been here 2 1/2 years. Just wrote my 200th hub about my success here. It started slowly but picks up momentum; like it took me over a year to get my first payout of $50; but now I get paid every month, and much more than that, and it's growing. It took me over a year to hit my first 100,000 vies; 8 months to hit my next 100,000 views. Now I've hit 100,000 views in 4 months.

So basically you have to look at everything you do here as a long-term investment. Think of it as 'sweat equity'-- you put in the work now, the payments will come later. Most people are here for a couple of years before they start getting significant traffic. Write often, keep publishing regularly, keep improving, and traffic will grow over time. Maybe you'll hit with something that goes viral, and that's always great, but can't be counted on. So resolve to have patience-- it helps.

Go to the learning center and follow advice on how to write an outstanding hub. Follow that advice for all of your hubs. Make them engaging (images, polls, tables, maps, videos, etc.). Try to make sure your grammar and spelling are reasonably good. Break your hubs up into sections-- don't hit people with big walls of text. If your hubs get a low hub score, tweak them and improve them.

Use great images, but make sure you are not violating anyone's copyrights or you can have problems (you can get sued, or lose your adsense account permanently, etc.). Go to the learning center and learn how to select images legally and safely.

Check out other people's hubs. Look for the people with the highest scores and the most popular hubs or the most page views and go view them. See what they're doing and learn from them.

I have found it helps to have a niche, to use social media to advertise (but don't spam, it just annoys people), and I like to ping my hubs occasionally at pingler.com.

Good luck!

1. Robert Sacchi profile image85
      Robert Sacchiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Very encouraging.  Thank you.

12. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 8 years ago

When I joined, I earned about $6 in my first 6 months. I've now been here for 5 years and I receive a nice payout every month from this account and a payout from a few other accounts every month or two. I write maybe 1-2 hubs a year now.

The older your content gets, the higher the chance of continual high traffic.

13. Irisjo profile image60
    Irisjoposted 8 years ago

this is a good advance,we can learn form here and also can got help,it's pretty,thank you

14. akshay199325 profile image67

Hey guys i have got  total 300 visitors in my 5 hubs. I have just started 7 days ago is it good , average or poor

15. profile image0
    vasantha T kposted 8 years ago

Akshay, welcome to hubpages, you are doing fine, keep going! with best wishes.

16. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 8 years ago

I have had success getting jobs in real life from my HP profile showing me off as a writer. I have also had success with being very proud of what I wrote (I love looking at my old hubs). Some success with earnings and some success with learning about other online ventures through Hubpages. Well worth it for all the support and engagement it has given me!

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Just FTR, I have found most of my success in getting writing jobs from strage places has come from Twitter (I decided I needed to figure it out about 6 months ago and went in head first, growing my followers from 1250 to 11500.) If you're looking for more opportunities, I highly recommend it!

17. akshay199325 profile image67

Wow i loved the way you described everything Suzanne

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)