Getting my hub featured

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Alireza78posted 8 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Hubpages and have written my first Hub.

http://hubpages.com/health/benefits-protein-diet

Although I made several changes, it is still has not passed the QAP. Could you please take a look at my Hub and advise what to do next?

More words? Am I repeating the keywords (protein diet and binge) too much, and is it therefore marked as spammy? Or is it just too boring?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.
    Ali

2. lenodrow profile image60
    lenodrowposted 8 years ago

Your Hub isn't online, 2000 words technically is enough but it won't make sense when considering the content of the Hub.

If your Hub is related to health topic then it should be well written without grammatical errors, must include quality photos and the content should be arranged properly for easy understanding.

If you don't have a good background in the health field i recommend you choose much easier topics like technology.

1. profile image52
      Alireza78posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, okay. I am a medical doctor, speak and write fluently english, and I know what I'm writing about. Maybe the content is just boring then??

1. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Have you had notification that it didn't pass QAP? If so, they would have given you a special link you can use to post it to the forum so we can see it.

1. profile image52

Ah, I overlooked that link. This is it:

Benefits of a Protein Diet  and how to avoid a Binge

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

Well, the main thing that seems to be missing is an actual explanation of what a protein rich diet, with a calorie deficit, but that also includes carbs, and never leaves you hungry, could possibly look like. Especially when you illustrate it with a person eating a salad.

p.s. one of your photos is a watermarked image from  a stock agency that you are clearly not meant to be using.

1. profile image52

Thanks for the feedback! I will definately remove the watermarked image! Missed that completely...

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 8 years ago

You have used the word "protein diet" 13 times in the hub. That seems excessive, especially at the beginning with the title, subtitle, and first sentence.  You also have words in bold that really are not necessary. You may be using outdated information about SEO.

I found some minor grammatical errors, but nothing that would keep you from being published. ( You should run the hub through a grammar checker and re-read the hub to catch as many errors as possible).

There is only one link and no sales capsules, so I'm really not sure why this hub is not published.  When you click on edit hub, there should be a black box at the top that explains why it is not published.  Maybe you can look that over to see if that helps.

1. profile image52

Thanks for your feedback, I will look into this and make some changes. I'll keep this topic updated.

5. lenodrow profile image60
    lenodrowposted 8 years ago

Hi,

It is great to know that you are a doctor. You have written a great Hub covering various topics but the reason for your Hub not getting published is due to the readability factor.

HubPages uses strict filtering to prevent low quality and spun contents from getting published, usually the spun contents aren't well written and the contents will be long without further divisions and sub divisions in the content.

Although your content is great, it should be further divided into subsections for easy understanding to increase the readability factor.

Your title is "Benefits of a Protein Diet and how to avoid a Binge" .

Your title doesn't point to one single root factor, try changing your title to

"Top 10 reasons to follow a protein rich diet"

( You do not need to explain the  "binge" in the title a it is unavoidable in the content. )

You can easily arrange the content like this,

1. What is a protein rich diet ? How is it different from a normal diet ?
    2. What are the benefits of a protein rich diet? ( Use bullets to explain the benefits )
    3. How to create a protein rich diet and how to follow it .
    3. How a binge is related to the protein rich diet ?
    4. Steps you can take to avoid a binge.
    5. How i lost 10 pounds following a protein rich diet. ( split content on a daily basis )
    6. People who shouldn't follow a protein rich diet. ( people with health problems )

Your content is missing the procedure, see a very popular Hub on the subject.
    http://hubpages.com/health/Lose-Up-To-1 … 3-Day-Diet

I believe you are from the Middle East  or other non-English speaking countries, please proof read your content before publishing.

Thank You and Welcome to HubPages.

1. profile image52

Thanks a lot for your comment and tips Lenodrow. I have a Middle Eastern background, but born and raised in the Netherlands. Therefore, Dutch and English are my number 1 and 2 languages. I wil definately run the text through a grammar check.
      I will take your advice and divide the article in the mentioned sections.

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

6. profile image52

Last night I made some changes, but unfortunately the hub is still not published. It's really unclear what the reason or reasons are. Readability? I added more subsections, more words, changed the title. changed photos. What could it be? The black box on top does not specify why the hub isn't published..

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That is strange.  Maybe you can send an email to get help.  team@hubpages.com

7. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 8 years ago

Well, among other things you claim cucumbers contain 24% protein, i.e. double the quantity found in eggs, which is totally ludicrous.
    USDA nutritional data cites cucumbers as having 0.7 g protein per 100 g, i.e. 0.7%

You are also banging on about the totally outdated idea that egg yolks are bad for health, obviously not aware that the medical literature has seen a retraction of most of the myth about dietary cholesterol in the last couple of years. I suggest you spend an hour or so searching through PubMed to get yourself up to date on the literature.

If you are indeed medically qualified as you claim to be, then on the basis of the lack of knowledge shown in your hub, I would be extremely nervous if you were looking after me!

8. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 8 years ago

Your English is a bit below par, I'm afraid. For example:

"What to do to avoid the binge? It is a know fact that binges are caused by emotions and therefore emotional eating."

"therefore emotional eating" what? You've left it hanging.

If you are medically qualified, it will help to state what they are in the hub - it will make the information more credible.

I can't say that I agree with all that you say. Eating too much protein is damaging to the kidneys. Eating fat doesn't put on weight unless combined with a whole lot of carbs. Also basing your diet on  mainly protein encourages the take up of energy from muscles. That's just my opinion though. I go with high fat, medium protein, low carb.

9. profile image52

I realize this topic leads to a lot discussion. If I, or someone else for that matter, would start a topic on a low carb diet, that would lead to the same kind of discussions. There are always people who will disagree, agree, partly agree, and so on. That is a good thing, because discussions are good. I don't know everything, regardless of my profession. I'm glad I'm not your doctor WriteAngled, and the info in the hub is definately not outdated. Believe what you want, but egg yolk is not good for you and never will be.

Anyway, I didn't realize what a challenge it is to get an article published, specially when I compare my article to quite a lot of others on Hubpages. I'm not going to give up! smile

@Millionaire Tips: thanks, I'll do that.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yawn! 

Have you bothered to study the literature? Rhetorical question, obviously you have not.

To add to the discussion, I and my family have had the misfortune to be treated by several "doctors" of Asian origin in the past five decades. Apart from one very honourable exception, the others have shown extreme ignorance of their patients' issue, which led to the untimely death of both my parents. I do have a chronic condition (asthma), but I have chosen to obtain my treatment online, despite the fact this costs me several hundred UK sterling more than cashing in my free prescription in Wales since the only GP surgeries available to me locally are manned by Asians, whom I do not trust on the basis of 50-odd years of experience.

10. profile image52

I corrected some of the information, ran the text through a spell and grammar checker. Glad I did, thanks for those who pointed this out. Fingers crossed.

11. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 8 years ago

So, you've removed cucumber as being protein-rich, but are citing equally ridiculous figures for spinach.

Please clarify: what medical qualifications are your claiming, in what country?

I am not medically qualified, but I have two decades experience in the field of biomedical information and am still waiting for you to provide me with valid academic qualifications. Oh my, with the  ignorance you have shown on medical topics so far, I attend a wave of legal actions against yoiu.

1. profile image52

I just find information on the internet, when it comes to diets. My specialty has nothing to do with diets. Of course, I try to find as reliable information as possible. Apparently the matter of the protein percentages of the vegetables is wrong, so I'll check that again.
      Legal actions? What are you talking about? Because of a disagreement on a diet?

2. profile image52

Oh, I missed your previous message. I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune. Forgive my earlier remark... I am a radiologist and although I have few face-to-face contacts with patients, I always do my best to provide the best care. This matter of diet came along my path when I started to work out and talk with several people about it.
      I am trained in the Netherlands, by the highest standards. As mentioned earlier, born and raised in the Netherlands and know exactly what you are talking about concerning the Asian doctors you encountered. Totally different culture when you are trained in an Asian/Middle Eastern country. I'm not debating their knowledge, but attitude towards patients. When those doctors come to the Netherlands, they have to follow special courses to learn how to interact with their patients. That's a very good thing.
      Again, very sorry about your loss.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)