Poll on US Media

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (16 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 6 years ago

How about a poll here on Hubpages - not scientific....
    This is just a general discussion on the media in general.

How many think the news media is balanced or moderate in their presentation of news?
    How many think they are liberal?
    How many think they are conservative?

2nd question?

What about the American people?
    What percent do you think is the breakdown of the population?

I will start by answering my own question...

The main street media is 90% liberal in my opinion.

The American people are 40 percent conservative 30 percent moderate and 25 percent liberal and 5% don't know what they are. Again in my opinion.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Agree on the media, but I'l put the liberal population around 50%, not 25.  Higher than I would put the conservative constituency.  Decades of entitlements (the bastion of liberalism in this country) have bought and paid for their greater share.

jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It is your opinion but I don't think it is so high.
        Otherwise, they would be winning all elections local and national for democrats...50 percent will win most elections...

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, I'm not so sure.  Bear in mind that a larger (relative to conservative) percentage of the poverty stricken and almost completely uneducated, who usually don't vote.  Nor do they exhibit hardly any patriotism, which again gives rise to apathy at the voting counter.  Finally, add in that one of the tenets of liberalism is the nanny state, with government providing all guidance, rules, etc. and it is unnecessary to vote on anything at all; Uncle Sam will take care of it.  No responsibility to contribute.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think there is a majority of people who have common sense. They are quiet, but you can see their comments on the internet. Their comments reveal that the majority of people are tough, logical and spirited. The spirit of America is alive and well even though these good citizens are quiet and busy in real life, trying to keep it together. Their families and their kids are the important things to them. Love is the key to these people. They stay out of the race for huge amounts of money. They are happy if they can survive each month and their kids stay out of trouble, go to a good college and get a good job. Because that's the way to survive in this country. Boring but true.

I am quite sure they know the news is lacking. They know something seems fishy about the news …. that we are not being provided with the real or whole picture. They know the left or the right they once knew has become distorted and deviated. They are pulling away from politicians and the media. They are opening up access to their own communities and neighborhoods through Facebook where local/community trading, buying, selling and discussing can once again take place. Yay!

3. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

About 90% of the media is own by the Zionist. Fake news takes Trumps BS seriously.  My favorite choice is the Comedian News.

Even though, Trump is my favorite comedian for now, people will stop laughing when his polls catch up to GW Bush.

Real honest Comedians filter through much of the BS.

No wonder you have a distorted view on things. Jon Stewart and Colbert are not news reporters or even commentators. They are comedians and satirists...and they are liberal to the core.
        They distort the news (spin) to denigrate one side while prop up the other... they are the worst because they distort the truth for own gain and advantage. IMHO

1. Castlepaloma profile image75

Are they worst than Fox or CNN/

Personally I filter better or confirm better online comedy where Zionist have not taken over so much.

Your contant reference to zionist show the bigot you are.
            What are zionist in your mind?
            They have protected and defended the jewish state of Israel from agression of its arab neighbors.
            You claim to be a spiritual being.
            What does your spiritual nature tell you about evil?
            What is evil in your mind? America or Iran? Or Russia?

Your one sided view is cloudying your judgement. Your heros of the entertainment and Hollywood and Broadway world are full of zionists don't you know?

You claim to be an artist. What is art but a reflection of our society and culture and religion and politics...
            You seem like a bitter lost soul. Get some help please. I will pray for you.

Can you actually be a bigot of Zionist? That's like a racist black to white empire like Russia, British or America. Or a bully to God, how do you bully a bully? Yes, I deeply dislike them, not for their greed and their method of running the US.

About 80 to 90% are Zionist citizens in Israel (fake Jews) Real Jew are not nationalist’. Trump is 1000% behind Israel and part of his family are Zionist. The aggression of its Arab neighbors ha ha only when they want to steal their oil and give out Jew tax.

I claim to be a spiritual sided a spiritual being would be like a Jesus or angel or Satan since nobody has ever come back from hell or heaven there is no proof of their existence. Evil is the absence of reason and there is plenty of no reasons for creating poverty and wars with no solutions.

Traveling to every state in America, been to Iran Russia twice.  For the people they all are basic good people, When it comes to politicians they are all corrupt, that is why the future is much smaller Governments and their powers, absolute power corrupts. The love of money along with the absent of reason is evil. I’m pretty clear where I stand in the world. Much of the film business is corrupted art form yet some of it is healthy. Yes I’m a small fish swimming with the sharks, yet I know who and where they are. Art is a reflection of life where I refuse GW Bush a war sculpture, mean I will not suck the devil dong. Bitter sweet for now, plans & work the plans for the better. Need to know the dark to sling shot it into the light.  Pry for more love and kindness than for religion and Kings.

Of course you can just like one can be a black racist or yellow racist...
                The evil in this world is real. Just because you deny the existance of God does not mean evil disappear.
                You can hide but it does not help.
                We have more in common than you realize.
                I am for small government as you say, most government is corrupt and why would we want to give them more power...?
                The same gors with taxes. I believe in a lower tax so that the people can best decide how to spend their hard earned money than a government bureaucracy...

Being of a fearless person, there is no reason to fear the unknown likes of God or the Devil fairy tales for adults.  Maybe a very tiny bit concern about terrorist, mainly by the media, (not in Canada) lurking around every corner for every day for overly superstitious people. I have 260 times more reasons to be concern about lighting killing than terrorist killings. To spend trillions of $ to stopping lighting killings is insane too. Because without natural lighting Forrest fires, there would be much more killings, wish that way of thinking would be for terrorist too.

Being a pastime stand-up comedian white person, we are the only race that can't joke about races because everybody knows, how white people have oppress all other races.

Good we agree something of importance. ore of the smaller populated countries and more with good size landmass are the happiest  countries. it would be good to model government from them. Taxing really high on the things that harm us, like sugar, toxic goods, tobacco and trillionaries. That is one way to solve the problem. Run the Government on a volunteer basis, we would get plenty of them.

2. IslandBites profile image89
          IslandBitesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Says the Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage fan. LOL

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

----> nothing wrong with Rush. Those who refuse to listen to him, can't understand him and are "down on everything" comprehend not.

3. profile image51
          Jack freelandposted 6 years agoin reply to this

In your humble opinion?  Nothing humble about you Jack. You're an arrogant, pompous soul. 

Fox News, Rush, Hannity, et,al, all distort the news and denigrate anyone who doesn't meet their narrow definition of what it is to be a conservative.  Rush claims to be an entertainer.  Fox News is an Entertainment company, Hannity is...well Hannity is just a bumbling shill for Trump.  They distort, lie, and deceive their frightened audience into believing and voting against their own best interests.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

no, they don't! Why do you think this? Just because you don't take a bit of time to listen, to comprehend, to try to understand their point of view. Down on these sources of logic and enlightenment! Good luck to you!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)