Should Cannabis Be Legalized?

Jump to Last Post 51-58 of 58 discussions (149 posts)
  1. cally2 profile image62
    cally2posted 14 years ago

Has anybody in the world's governments noticed that prohibition doesn't work?

2. helot profile image58
    helotposted 14 years ago

They would have to let half of the incarcerated population out, and you certainly can't do that.  There is no money in setting people free.

1. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't do a lot for the public good to set criminals free until they've served their sentence either.

1. R.Edwards profile image62
        R.Edwardsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so smoking weed is a criminal activity? Because I know a few good people who are incarcerated for bothering no one but enjoying some of life's fine resources.

In short, they are not criminals, it's criminal minded to lock a man up for something like smoking marijuana when 1000's of people die per day from drunk drivers....but oooooooooooooooooohhhhh, it's endorsed by this great hypocritical country of ours, therefore a few lives lost means absolutely nothing as long as it's 'legal.'

freaking idiotic society!

Um, YES. Almost all of the time.

2. tksensei profile image59

Society? Freaking idiotic people who KNOW smoking dope is illegal then whine and cry about exactly what they have been told will happen if they break the law.

it's not dope....it's marijuana, cannibis, weed! Dope is a mixture of cocaine and heroin mainly; not anywhere in the neighborhood of man made stimulants.

but it's okay though, like I said, kill a few more thousand or million people by drunk drivers and over medicated people fooled by the pharmacutical companies of this country.

It sounds idiotic when man argues man made principals and laws that have obvious flaws. You tell me that those who were locked up for smoking a natural herb deserve to be incarcerated any more than these greedy politcians and war lords who kill innocent civilians, for centuries. This country was founded on criminal activity my friend, do the knowledge.

This is not a system that you want to stand on the floor and defend in front of the world as your jury.

There are too many good people (I'm sure you wouldn't know because you probably are 'too important' to know people like that) in prison for just smoking. Yet how many drunk bastards who abandon their families are walking around with a brown paper bag free and without a care but where their next bottle will come from? It's all hypocritical, a nation of horemongers, liars, theives, murderers and greed stricken white collared _________(fill in the blank).

.............  roll

1. Bovine Currency profile image59
                Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really?

coke and heroin mix, I call that stupid or maybe a speedball but hey, whatever cuts your grass, or floats your boat...

Who cares anyway.  If the herb is made legal, you would just pay more for it anyway.  Just don't get caught.

Go get a copy of reefer madness if you want to argue for legalisation.

The potheads talk themselves blue in the face coming up with any justification for what in the end comes down to "I want my smokie-smokie!" It's childish.

I'll reword that last statement of yours to better fit people like you....

"The powers that be talk themselves blue in the face coming up with any justification for what in the end comes down to "I am right, you are wrong." It's wrong.

...lol, and not to mention childish!

It's not wrong, it's the law, whether the potheads like it or not.

2. R.Edwards profile image62

why not? 'Cause making money is more important than letting them go? Pfft...that's the mindset that runs and ruins this country.

On a lighter note, I sure wouldn't mind walking to my corner store for a pack of smokes and not having to worry about being locked up for something so minute.

Why would you worry if you weren't carrying illegal drugs?

Oh, I smoke quite heavily. In my mind (as is in many other's as well) there are far too many REAL criminals walking around out here. I won't even get on that subject because it sparks a whole different argument. However, there's NOTHING criminal about enjoying what GOD naturally put on this earth. It's not the herb that's criminal, it's man's pervasive attitude that he can impliment his own misconceptions on society as a whole and think it's plausable in the big picture.

Don't get me started, CNN and your history books show far more criminals than those who are smokers and will NEVER be judged for their crimes. Get outta here!

Then don't complain about having to "worry" because you walk around with illegal drugs on you. That's your (criminal) choice.

are you human or is it the dog who's writing these statements? Because only a dog would see anything viable in what you say.

Point blank, if you legalize liquor (may God help [or better show] this country) than seriously, what's wrong with herb?

Alcohol is already legal. Pot is not. Too bad.

I bet your'e drinking right now and molesting that little dog of yours huh? lol, yay for you!!!

No, don't let the weed cause your imagination to run out of control.

The LAW isn't based on what you decide 'in your mind' about what God put on earth.

3. tksensei profile image59

LOL @ CNN, and the law also doesn't work according to the "But, but someone else is doing something worse than me!" theory. Try that one out the next time you are stopped for speeding.

1. Cagsil profile image69
              Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know TK....you always choose another aspect of life, to compare a different aspect of life, and expect them to measure up the same.

You are really sad.

No, really happy. Thanks!

2. R.Edwards profile image62

yea it doesn't, and until it is legalized (and it will happens sooner than people think) I'm good with mine. However, for those unfortunate plenty, I think you do have to ask that question.

There are too many REAL criminals doing REAL criminal activities out here walking around still free not to ask!

Anyone committing a crime is a REAL criminal. Just because potheads don't like some laws doesn't change that.

It won't be legalized (LOL - too bad), so the potheads had better not complain if they choose to break the law anyway.

3. Bovine Currency profile image59
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

snore

4. Bovine Currency profile image59

not criminal where I live tongue

5. Bovine Currency profile image59

wrong people make wrong laws

6. laneanders profile image59
    laneandersposted 14 years ago

Marijuana has never hurt anyone.  The government uses funds to stop it's use.  Legalize it and tax it, it could help with our disgusting national debt.

That is incorrect.

7. Bovine Currency profile image59

snore

8. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I wanted to respond to this old thread b/c of the new "legal" weed being sold as an alternative to illegal marijuana.  Now people are smoking or ingesting a synthetic compound known as JWH-018 that little research has been done on vs marijuana which is natural and heavily researched.  YES, marijuana should be legal!

puff puff... pass (to the left, of coarse) big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)