Not Much FUN Anymore!

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

When I first came to this site and I foolishly jumped right into the forums I thought it was fun and entertaining. Of course everyone here has had a run in with someone at some point in time but lately things seem to be getting a little out of hand and have become so tense nobody wants to say anything for fear of being banned, reported, or jumped on. I am taking a beak from the threads and gonna concentrate on my hubs but I had to say this.

To each and everyone of you that I either know well or barely know I have come to love you all in one way or another, weather it's because of your hubs, your attitude, your interactions with others, or anything else.

I hope things will cool down soon because I sure do MISS the fun of it all. I know there will always be debates that's just a fact of life, can't avoid it but the fun parts of it like joking around without offending others, talking about ideas for this, that, and the other, that's what I miss.

I'll be back soon.

LIVE-LAUGH-LOVE

Your Friend,

Pinkylee

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pinky, I hope you stay ok, you are always fun in here, remember the guessing game is also fun, just cool off,

2. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am starting to agree more and more with those who are choosing to leave the forums. I completely understand, Pinky, but just don't leave HP, I'd miss you way too much.

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Aw, don't go! Just stay off the political and religion forums! We luv you!

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i dont ever go in those but once ... its all of the forum in hubbers hangout and sandpit where i mainly stay ...

i love you and everyone too and i will be back

3. TheJman profile image62
    TheJmanposted 14 years ago

Pshhh!! you cant leave... think about it, if you go, who will fight me on the "last one to post wins" forum?!?! tongue

Pinks, I read this book on values and life couple weeks ago and the it said this one line which I really liked, it went something along the lines of, "don't waste your time reading the comments from people who don't deserve your time". ok, that doesn't sounds very much like it, but just accept that it was something really cool tongue Basically, don't let others behaviour dictate yours and by that I mean don't let some people affect your fun!

On a thought.... I hope I'm not one of those people??

Keep on having fun pinks!! lifes to short to let some bastards ruin it for you!!

p.s I think you're too fun to lose!!

4. profile image0
    getmybackposted 14 years ago

Okay, this may sound strange but it's true.

I am new and nervous to be here in the forums.

I saw this thread and felt awful your feeling so sad.

I ran over and read two of your hubs and i say

please come back soon

I need you smile

look forward to hopefully getting to know you, and I hope soon.

Hope you feel better sooner than later

See you soon smile

BillY

1. calicoaster profile image76
      calicoasterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am feeling a bit same now. I thought people are quite friendly here.

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes people are friendly here. It's just that when it comes to religion & politics thread they forget that they're debating with friends and things go out of hand sometimes.Don't worry about it things will be back on track,besides march-april are tax months.So... tongue

1. calicoaster profile image76
          calicoasterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

5. profile image0
    getmybackposted 14 years ago

@ PINKY smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

6. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Pinky,Pinky..no need to run off...If there is less fun we need to make more!! big_smile It's just a thing!! It shall pass...

7. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Well at least your not leaving HP, just the forums (and even then only for a bit). Focus on those hubs and you know what? You will be back here before to long announcing some major success, from highest earning day with google or an amazon sale or 100 hubs! You are not the only one to decide to take a break from the forums, usually tho the forums are just to irresistible to stay away from totally. The only forum break I have seen without a sneeky post here or there (to congratulate or comfort a friend most often) are the ones imposed by HP themselves! Have fun writing them hubs and I know we will see you again, probably soon big_smile

8. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

maybe you could pop into the forums every other day?  or once a week?  I have nothing else clever to say.....lol

9. profile image0

thanks y'all i just need a little bit of a break from the threads .. i'm back for tonight though

10. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Take a break from the forums...self-ban yourself for a few days. It helps! smile I've done it a few times and will probably be doing it again soon

1. profile image0

haha i did ... aint been here for 3 days

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ain't it great? big_smile you actually get stuff done when ya ban yourself...kind of scary lol

1. profile image0

lol i got 2 hubs done and slept a lot lol

1. profile image0

Sleep GOOOOOOD lol I wrote about 8 hubs on my last ban...I was on a roll..then it died lol

1. profile image0

lol  i have written about 5 or 6 with one unfinished in the waiting ... gonna do it tmw i think ... have so many more ideas i need to get done then i can start one more ideas lol

1. profile image0

get that notebook or journal out girl and start writing down those ideas before they start keeping you up at night. I need to put that darn notebook back by my side of the bed again with a small flashlight so as not to bug hubby at night.

And you think your gonna do it? yea that means you won't lol just kidding

1. profile image0

i have a notebook on my desk ... and yeah i prolly wont lmao

1. profile image0

a notebook? just one? dang girl you are behind. I have two notebooks and a journal for writing down ideas plus a journal for writing my own thoughts plus a journal for my dreams. Catch up girl catch up lol

11. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

hey, you're back. smile

actually, I haven't noticed anything any crazier than it usually is. lol  but I don't always read those threads..

1. profile image0

yuppers i is back for the night lol ... how are you rebekah

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was fine until this evening when my allergies flared up. the pollen is high and I'm surrounded by trees... hmm

1. profile image0

aww that sucks ... i have had a very mild allergy thing going ... not much pollen here

12. profile image0

nope not everywhere ... hate a messy house lol

13. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Well at least you have tons of ideas written down big_smile

1. profile image0

yes ma'am

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)