New Follow Settings

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ari Lamsteinposted 12 years ago

We just released a few small changes which give Hubbers more control over the notifications that they receive. 

In the Hubs You Follow page there is a checkbox titled "By default, follow Hubs that I comment on".  This value determines whether or not the checkbox about following Hubs defaults to be checked when you leave a comment on a Hub.

Similarly, in the Questions You Follow page we now have added two checkboxes which allow you to choose the default follow behavior when you ask or answer a question. 

Previously we were storing these values in a cookie which expired in a week.  With this new system we will remember your preferences permanently.

Ari

1. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So now we will only receive e-mails on the hubs we commented on IF we select the box to follow?
      There are some I comment on, I might want to know if others comment and keep up with. There are some that I may not want to keep receiving e-mails on.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As I read it, it does not sound as if it has anything to do with e-mail notifications, but with the "Hubbers You Follow" list within Hub Pages on your "Activity" tab.
        It would seem that if you now check this new box to auto-follow a Hubber on whose article you left a comment, HP will track that for you and remember it permanently, adding that Hubber to your list of "Hubbers I Follow."  That has never generated any e-mails in the past.

I would guess that if you do wish an e-mail on the follow, that the 'email me if someone replies' box will remain for that (separate) purpose.

Cheers!

I have always received e-mails on hubs that I check the follow on with a comment. I am wondering if this will continue or if it has changed.

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it means that if you set the default to "on" the box will always be checked but you can uncheck it. If you set the default to "off" the box will always be unchecked but you can check it if you wish.

Now, that I like! Thanks WryLilt.

2. profile image0
              Ari Lamsteinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WryLillt is correct.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
            DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm...I've never actually checked the box, because I can check back from the "Comments You Made" link under "Activity."

2. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 12 years ago

I cannot upload pictures to my existing hubs. For the past few weeks this has been the case. Tried JPEG format. I doubt as to whether it could be a fault at this end as I've uploaded pix to other sites from my desktop during this period.

Help?  smile

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Different browser didn't work?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)