The Benefits Of Being A Vegan!
The Benefits of being a Vegan:
- There is an abundance of information out there about the Vegan way of life but the question remains what are the benefits of choosing to follow what might at first appear as a daunting commitment.
- Veganism, simply put is taking the vegetarian diet a step further. Vegans do not consume any animal or animal by-products whatsoever, neither do vegans use or wear goods that contain animal ingredients or have been tested on animals. With other words the vegan life-style is a life altering way.
- It excludes all meat products, dairy products such as cheese and butter, eggs and honey. Clothing made of leather, wool and silk are not acceptable either and need to be avoided.
The main question asked...
- How do vegans thrive?
- How do they survive without animal protein?
- What about nutrients and a well balanced diet?
- So in short what are the benefits of Veganism?
The benefits are endless and on many levels. Where to begin? A vegan’s well set-up diet is possibly the most balanced diet available and is so very good for the soul as it is for the body.
The knowledge alone that no animal needs to be raised, harmed and-or killed for food makes the Vegan way of life very appealing to many.
Good For The Body:
- Knowing that the vegan diet is credited to lowering the risk of high blood pressure, stroke, heart attack, allergies, diabetes, colon and prostate cancers, it lowers cholesterol and obesity-related illnesses and more.
- The vegan diet is a choice that will deliver boundless energy.
- Eliminating the consumption of animal products and replacing them with healthy vegan foods of vegetables, legumes, fruit, whole grains and nuts which contain no cholesterol, are low in fat and are rich in nutrients and fiber will cleanse the body and rejuvenate it all the way down to the core.
The above points are just some of the benefits concerning the peace of the soul; however the following items listed as ‘good for the body’ will actually transfer and maybe should not be separate.
Knowing that the vegan way is a choice that lets one thrive with less disease does give the subconscious mind peace and therefore is also good for the soul.
There are very few choices that we can make in our day-to-day lives that can bring about such a vital impact on so many levels that are in keeping with our basic values that can benefit people, animals and the environment as deciding on this self-empowering diet that is the Vegan way of life.
There are positive benefits again on every level if we all take just a step towards veganism and thus the vegan lifestyle can be an ongoing progression.
The steps to becoming a Vegan is not easy but (as always there is that little three letter word...) but the benefits are many. The very least of those benefits is that its a delicious journey into good health...
Check out some of the recipes on this site: www.myveganplanet.com
pictures by sxc.hu and flicker
- What's a good way to get more sleep besides sleeping...
If a person has too much on their mind or is stressing, it can become a problem to relax enough to let the body fall into a deep sleep that will be as restful and revitalising as it should be. Sleeping...
- Sunlight: Good? versus Bad?
In Canada, and the rest of the northern hemisphere the days are getting shorter until December 21st. Which makes this the darkest part of the year. Not seing the sun for days at a time can cause some people...
- Meditation: the benefits.
Meditation has a long history. In most peoples mind meditation seems to be the humming sounds coming from a
- Using 10 Common Foods As Medicine!
Food is probably the most frequently consumed 'drug' available to all without so much as a prescription. Readily available from all grocery stores and produce barns. Disease prevention through nutrition...
- Minimalism and Me
While in the dentist's waiting room I read in some Home/Deco magazine (it didn't look too old) that there were some studies done that compared us, North Americans to Europeans with regards to our living...
- 1 Year hub-versary!
October 22nd 2007 a day in history... my history that is, a year ago I found my new home away from home. HUBPAGES. To give you the long tour (the short one is just too boring ...I've always wanted to be a...
More by this Author
Uhh-Yuk-Warts! I haven't seen nor kissed a toad in many a year , so how come I have two warts on my left hand ring finger right beside the nail ? (How are you able to use nail polish or nail extensions with those...
...as far as I'm concerned flying Sherman-tank sized mosquitoes, ticks and the rest of their biting, pinching and stinging compatriots are at the top of my list for extermination.
A friends daughter whose wedding I sewed and organized a few years ago came over last night with her 'Hubby'... saying that the deal on the house they had bid on had been accepted. The young couple was in seventh...