The health benefits of broccoli
Broccoli provides great health benefits because it is rich with antioxidants, vitamins A, C, K, E and calcium, magnesium, zinc etc. Broccoli has been regarded as one of the super foods even though many children do not like eating it including myself.
1. Broccoli has folic acid that helps women to sustain a normal tissue growth and it is used in birth control pills and during pregnancy in supplements.
2. It is rich in fiber and contains the two important kinds of fiber insoluble and soluble fiber.
3. Broccoli has a high potassium levels along with the calcium and magnesium it contains it helps to regulate the blood pressure.
4. It helps to prevent Osteoporosis with the calcium and vitamin K.
5. The vitamin B6 found in the broccoli helps reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke.
6. The combination of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory and pro-detoxification properties in the broccoli works well together in the prevention of cancer.
7. Broccoli has vitamin c, some amino acids and sulphur which it an n easy detoxifier. It helps the body to be of unhealthy toxins such as uric acid by purifying the blood and preventing the problems that can be create by the toxins such as gout, rashes and skin diseases.
8. It also helps with anemia because broccoli has iron and some proteins.
9. Helps to maintain healthy eyesight because of the beta-carotene, which also helps with macular degeneration, and prevent cataract.
10. Broccoli can also reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease because it contains folate. A study revealed that a diet that is high in folate reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
11. Helps maintain a healthy pregnancy because of the folate prevents neurological defects such as spina bifida in the fetus.
Broccoli has endless health benefits and contains important nutrients to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It is also a good source of calcium for those who do not each dairy product.