Top Ten Foods that Increase Sex Drive
Boosting your sex drive with food is very easy and affordable. Other methods of boosting ones sex drive such as using prescription drugs could prove to be dangerous and expensive. If we maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly our sex life would be in good shape. This list I have researched is for those who want to have sex on a regular basis. It will also help those who have problems rising to the occasion. The top ten foods that boosts sex drive will help both sexes.
1. Pumpkin Seeds: The seeds of this fruit of the vine have high levels of zinc. This mineral is very important in the production of testosterone in men. It also helps with female hormones that increase sex drive. A deficiency in zinc will cause a decrease in male and female sex drive.
2. Bananas: This fruit contains an important enzyme called bromelain which plays a very important role in sexual hormone production. Bananas also have a high level of potassium, which facilitates communications between nerves and helps with being easily aroused. It also contains vitamin B-6 which is important for overall sex health.
3. Garlic: This herb thins the blood and improves circulation. Therefore, the blood is no longer thick and slow. Hence, blood flow is increased towards the genital which may lead to incresed arousal. This is all made possible by a chemical called allicin.
4. Dark Chocolate: The active ingredient in dark chocolate that promotes libido is phenylethylamine. This ingredient releases endorphin in the brain. This in turn boosts the sex drive. Chocolate is always able to put people in a good mood.
5. Oyster: This seafood is very high in zinc and all the necessary vitamins and minerals needed to increase sex drive. Oyster’s also increases thyroid secretion which in turn speeds up your body’s metabolism. This causes more blood to flow to the sex organs and boosts the mood for sex.
6. Watermelon: This fruit of the vine is an energy food. Watermelon provides the added energy needed for sex. The amino acid, citrulline found in watermelon also increases blood flow to the sex organs.
7. Ginger: The ginger root tubule contains gingerol, zingerone and shogoals. These chemicals combine to boost blood flow throughout the body, especially to the sex organs. Ginger also helps by reducing anxiety and stress. It has a very soothing effect that helps to put you in the mood.
8. Honey: For long sexual duration and added energy, Honey is your best bet. It also increases sexual desire. It also contains minerals and vitamins that boost sex hormones in both males and females.
9. Maca: This plant is known for increasing fertility and sex drive. The maca root has been proven to boost sperm count. It also boosts the sex drive in both males and females. It is mostly used in the Caribbean and South American regions as an effective aphrodisiac.
10. Avocado: Helps to increase the body’s metabolic rate and the overall sex drive. It contains a high level of folic acid. This vitamin is used to metabolize proteins, which provides more energy for sexual endeavors.
Having sex regularly is great for your overall health and is a great indication of optimum health. Sexual health is comprised of spiritual, physical and mental components. Food does help especially for sexual marathons but it is not the only component. A positive sexual attitude is also important
Other Health articles by Rasta1
- 10 Healthy Tips on How to Eat
This is not an article on what to eat. You already know what constitutes a nutritious diet. However, do we know how to eat it.
- Why Rastafarians are Vegans
Rastafarians are trying to warn people about the dangers of meat, about feeding the body, the dangers of artificial ingredients and about how to feed the soul. All these procedures are necessary on becoming a vegan.
- The Revolution will not be Televised
You will see it on your television but it is happening in your living room. It is happening across the world. The revolution will not be televised.
Check out my PROFILE to follow my Hubs, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc
Disclaimer: Please note that this Site is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice. Please consult with a qualified health care provider.
© 2014 Marvin Parke
More by this Author
Aloe Vera has been the main cure for all sicknesses in Jamaica. The islanders use aloe vera especially for digestion related illnesses. The medicinal uses of aloe vera is vast and wide as discussed in the article.
A lot of people have asked this question, does aloe vera help acne?. Therefore, we will prove why and how aloe vera alleviates acne problems.
Aloe Has always been a mystical plant. It is used to ward off evil spirits and fix the spiritual essence of the body. Find out the different spiritual uses of aloe vera.