oceansnsunsets profile image 88

Does basal skin cancer always need to be excised to be cured?

Many people get basal cell skin cancers, and many often end up getting the Moh's surgery done to make sure all is removed. In areas such as an upper lip or eye area, where you especially don't want scarring, (or anywhere on the face), are there any other options? I have heard of special creams for instance, that can be an alternative. Open to hearing any thoughts, experiences or recommendations in a very cosmetically sensitive area, before having a Moh's procedure. As of now, the area looks as if nothing is wrong whatsoever, after a biopsy of a small bump has been taken and healed over.

Billie Kelpin profile image90

Billie Kelpin says

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 13 months ago

Wow, Billie, thank you so very much! I appreciate your input here more than you know. My spot seemed to be almost a "nothing" kind of spot for so long. It is definitely "something." Thank you again, and I am happy to get this treatment.