jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

A swollen Lymph node.

1. profile image0
    SandCastlesposted 4 years ago

I had blood taken from my right inner arm and a few days later I noticed a bump (1/12 inches across, 1 inch wide). Doctor said it looked like a swollen lymph node from the needle. I've had it for almost a month now. When do these things go away? Has anyone else had a similiar experience? The doctor said the node was movable and soft.

1. RogerSanchezJr profile image70
      RogerSanchezJrposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You may want to get a second opinion.  Just to be safe.

1. profile image0
        SandCastlesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I did and thanks smile

2. Stina Caxe profile image87
      Stina Caxeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would get it checked out if you have had it for that long.  It could be nothing, especially if you have been ill but ya never know.  I have had enlarged lymph nodes that turned out to be nothing and I have had ones that turned out to be cancer.  Not to scare you or anything, but it's better to know what is going on then let something like that go.

1. profile image0
        SandCastlesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had it checked again and I got a shot in my elbow the other day. I think the needle went through both sides of my vein and that is why I got the node.  The nurse pratically chucked into my vein like a dart. She said it is soft and will eventually go down. I'm keeping my eye on it. Thanks for your  reply.

working