jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think it is better to be honest or just keep quiet?

1. moneyfairy profile image61
    moneyfairyposted 3 years ago

I had someone give me a belated birthday gift. Someone who I haven't seen in over 2 yrs. and she gave me this shirt with big hearts all over it and it was just not my style . She left the tags on so I went to try and trade it in but they couldn't even find it in their system which makes me wonder how long ago she bought it and I did call her and asked if she still had the reciept  and she said no that she had bought it a while ago and she said was it too small or what? and I  was a little offended as it was a 2X, I just said NO, I'd like to pick out something different. But the bottom line is , it was a nice gesture for her to even think of me but the skeptical part of me thinks that she had bought it for someone else a while back and they gave it back to her and so she re gifted to me. It was all very bizzare.
    So should I just let it go or should I say ,if there is a next time a gift card would be best ?
    Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Say thank you and let it go.
      You never know... her financial situation might not have been the best. Maybe she gave you all she could. Maybe she thought you might like it... who know? Who cares? Life's too short. Focus on what you love about her. You never know what unintentional errs she may have forgiven you. Give the shirt to Goodwill.... maybe someone out there needs something just like that. smile

moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's exactly what I am going to do. Thanks Beth. I sent her an e-mail saying thank you for even thinking of me after all this time.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I would have dropped it rather than asked for a receipt.  Sometimes gifts are duds and you can just donate them to charity.

moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I almost did but decided what the heck I can just ask...next time I won't .