jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

studies on soda pop and sugar effects...

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 5 years ago

yes, we have heard about it for years...are we listening?

why hasn't more research been done on it?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/10/2 … latestnews

1. Holly Richmond profile image77
      Holly Richmondposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Soda pop is big business, and business dollars fund a lot of the research that is done. Think about how long it took to show the link between cigarette smoking and cancer and how even after the research was irrefutable, cigarette companies were still promoting their products as healthful. And that was about a product that there was a direct correlation between use and death. Until research is funded by institutions that have no vested interest in the outcome, not a lot of progress will probably be made.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Great! Now you're promoting Fox News links? lol lol

Yes, people know the effects of soda and sugar. Giving them a reason to give a damn about it is another story altogether. hmm

You cannot MAKE people listen.

3. Greek One profile image82
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

say whatever you want, i LOVE the stuff..

4. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 5 years ago

People smoke and use drugs and all kinds of things that ruin their health.

But those things are known.

Soda Pop is an insideous toxic substance and the victims are often children with ignorant parents.

And it doesn't matter if it comes from Fox or any other source.  Who are these people to tell you where to get your news?  MSNBC, Yahoo, ABC, CBS, NBC?  Some of those stations have such a liberal agenda it makes Foxes conservative agenda look tame.

Reality is Soda Pop is toxic, and most people do not know why.  Most Soda Pop contains Sodium Benzonate and Ascrobic Acid (Vitamin C), when these two substances combine in the body they form Benzene. Benzene is PROVEN to cause cancer.

And that is just one of many concerns.

So thank you to bringing this to light.  If idiots want to ignore the science I"m fine with that, it's their bodies to destroy.  But endangering children because of ignorance is an entirely different issue. And corporations who know these substances are toxic are only concerned about Profit so they will never police themselves.  Sad sick world in which we live. Humans will one day destroy the planet.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I think people have a pretty good idea what empty sugar calories do.  They just go for the pleasure of the taste.  Not that I think soda is literally toxic in small doses.  I have kids size can of  soda every few days and my health check up a few weeks ago showed I was in good shape.