Trust Me .....There Are Holidays in August
Alright, August is the only month without a recognized holiday. Wait a minute! There are holidays in August. Here's a handy list of reasons to celebrate.
1. August 1st: National Girlfriends Day
This will get you some love. Of course you could get in trouble if you fail to recognize this day.
2. August 5th: International Beer Day
Oh Yeah! Another reason to drink!
3. August 5th: National Underwear Day
Now you know why Mom said, "You wearing clean underwear?"
4. August 6th: National Fresh Breath Day
Some people will never celebrate this one.
5. August 8th: National Dollar Day
On this day everyone has to give me a dollar. Just kidding. Soupy Sales got in trouble for that once.
6. August 9th: Book Lover’s Day
Do Kindle books count?
7. August 10th: Lazy Day
Good news! This falls on a Friday this year. Love them long weekends.
8. August 11th: Presidential Joke Day
Sounds like everyday lately.
9. August 13th: International Left-handers Day
Every Left Hander better take this day off!
10. August 18th: National Bad Poetry Day
Roses are red
What can I say
You have to like this poem
On National Bad Poem Day
11. August 19th: National Aviation Day
No one can afford to celebrate this anymore.
12. August 21st: National Senior Citizens Day
Hope the old timers can remember.
13. August 22nd: National Tooth Fairy Day
Don't put that tooth under the pillow on this day. All the Tooth Fairies are off!
14. August 24th: National Hug Your Boss Day
Just so happens my boss is female. Got this circled on my calender.
15. August 31st: National Trail Mix Day
Forget this holiday. It's my birthday! Everyone call out sick and we will have a huge party!
Well. I've done my part. I've supplied you with 15 reasons to call out sick. There are no Holidays after my birthday. You'll need that time to recuperate after the party!
More by this Author
Wanna Go Swimming Babe? I live on the east coast of the United States. I'm only minutes away from the beaches. However, I don't go there very often. It's due to the water quality. However, compared to Australian...