jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Have you read a Game of Thrones?

1. alyssabarron profile image84
    alyssabarronposted 4 years ago

So I've watched the first two seasons of the TV show with my husband.  Then I learned that this show was based off of a book series.  You can probably image how stupid I felt then for not knowing that before!  Anyways, I've just recently bought the series because I have loved the show so much, and I also cannot wait until next March to find out what happens next.  So I've started reading the first book, Game of Thrones, and I'm loving it, I can't wait to get through all of them.

So, has anyone else been reading the books?  Or is anyone planning on doing so??

1. hopped profile image91
      hoppedposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've read the first three books.  I tend to need a bit of a "recovery" period between each book before I'll pick up the next.  They're pretty dense books!  I like them quite a bit; in fact, the third one is probably my favorite of those I've read so far. 

I'm glad I've been reading them on my Kindle, though, since that way I can search for names or places to see where they've come up before.  It helps me keep the hundreds of names in the books straight!

2. WritingPrompts profile image77
      WritingPromptsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Read them, loved them.  I do a re-read every time a new book comes out.  I've only watched the first season of the TV show so far.  I think they did a pretty good job - but I like the books better!

3. mmorpglover profile image75
      mmorpgloverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I have. The third book is the best so far. 1,2, and 4 are good, too.

2. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

I read the first one. I enjoyed it, but it was a little bit of a cumbersome read in places. I have the second one but I haven't started it yet. Haven't watched the shows yet, but want to read through the first four books first. Everyone I've talked to says they really start to lose traction after that, so we'll see. Besides, on the tv thing, we tend to wait until there are a few seasons out of stuff like that then get the whole series on DVD or netflicks and watch them all in a row. Love doing that.