They look at me and turn their heads disgraced at the words I write

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)
  1. keiz profile image61
    keizposted 14 years ago

HERES A POEM FOR YOU GUYS

So at night, when the world is sleeping she lays awake
    Thinking of this reality game in which she plays fake
    So people began to feed this game while laughing on the side
    She has to pick before these two worlds of hers collide
    So she camouflages with each person she’s with
    Being who you want is a reality but that’s just a myth
    Because the person she wants to be is not her at all
    In this big world of mystery she walks away-small
    So the people began to laugh and their laughs echo the soul
    And yet she falls in deeper, farther, and deeper into the hole
    And yet, We Watch! We watch that girl lose her being
    And in our minds- no thought of her freeing
    So we watch! And we point! And we watch some more!
    And her soul’s virginity becomes a selfish whore!
    And she then she judges those around like she has no flaws
    But we stay hush because we must respect the game’s laws
    So she talks and thinks she is a piece of this world
    But yet she’s just a lost little girl
    And her soul begins to pack because it can’t take it anymore
    And it walks out without even thinking of closing the door
    Yet, she walks around soulless and empty and we feed her pity
    We lipstick her with laughs and eye shadow her evilness –oh how pretty!
    Then the men of the game let her think she has them all
    And these exact men, oh yes, they will be her downfall!
    So she huffs and she puffs and she plays her next move
    This poor little girl thinks she has something to prove
    So people give her things and she soaks them up well
    Her destination of this game- not knowing- is the abyss of hell
    She plays and she thinks her moves will make her an acclaimed girl
    But this damn game is about to take her for a twirl
    So she ponders her next moves but she cannot
    Simply because the opponents have her caught
    And the world laughs and laughs and so does her soul
    Because now she lies inside that self-dug hole

1. pooja0908 profile image59
      pooja0908posted 14 years agoin reply to this

really nice one

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey !! that was good !!! big_smile

2. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

This should really be in a hub format.  It's an interesting poem, indeed, so I'll give it a bump and invite people to ponder over it and respond to you. smile

3. Faybe Bay profile image63
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

I would transfer it to a hub. You are an excellent writer. I fanned you already. But I had stuff I had to do today and have not gotten to finish reading your hubs.

I guess you've been around a while, but didn't get noticed, like me, until you came into the forums. I hope you will give us a chance to get to know you better.

4. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Put it in a hub , its a wonderful piece and thank you for allowing us to notice you. smile

1. Faybe Bay profile image63
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have e-mailed her, it is such a fine piece. I had fanned her already before I read it. I think she only has two fans. Hopefully that will change, now you're here and have seen her.

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She is a wonderful poet and you being her fan is also wonderful never short sale yourself, you are great to Faybe. smile

1. Faybe Bay profile image63
          Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish all my hubs could just be about how much I love each and every one of you, being there, helping me along. I write what I have to write, as I am sure you do too. But if I could have my druthers, there would be one about you, and one about Pinkylee... the list goes on. You are all my "place" my corner of the world. HubPages, it's just a name for where I found my home.

I am hoping I can catch people before they leave, having never had the chance to know you all as I do.

Many of us stay because we love hubpages and it doesn't matter what happens we just stay. I believe you will be here for a long time to, I enjoy you writing and so do others. You are a shining star to on hubpages and don't ever forget that. smile

5. keiz profile image61
    keizposted 14 years ago

Thank you guys so much! Sorry I'm just now responding my laptop crashed so I have to do everything via cellular but yes I have been a member of this page but I left cause I couldn't catch on to it really lol but I'm back the poems that I've been posting are poems I've wrote at the ages of 18 and 19 ; I've just been so tied with school I'm 21 next month and I have changed my writing style ! I will post the new writing style by tomorrow ; thank you agin I really appreciate your comments !

6. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Wow I really like it.

7. AEvans profile image71

I certainly enjoyed it! Put it in a hub.smile

8. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

We want more!!!!!

We certainly do!!! She is vry goood!!! smile

9. keiz profile image61
    keizposted 14 years ago

lol thank you everyone , thanks to your comment I have put this in a hub and also added more !

10. AEvans profile image71

Well good we are going to come and look! smile

11. profile image0
    Iðunnposted 14 years ago

This is quite fascinating.  What a brave and open insight into your beliefs and inner tapes about yourself.  One can hope it's also about trying to leave those tapes behind and find a less critical self.  Best wishes to you.

This poem is quite good.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)