jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How would the world be different if people began to follow their own dreams?

1. jabelufiroz profile image72
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

How would the world be different if people began to follow their own dreams?

2. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 4 years ago

If you are talking literally about everybody and suddenly, than I believe many people would quit their jobs while others would stay.  Both groups would try to become adept at what they want to become and gain the necessary skills.  I believe that less people would want to take lower paying jobs, so that, along with the quitting, could be a problem.  However, it would be much better than not if this happened.

People would gain intelligence and wisdom as they pursue their goals and gain experience from their pursuits.  They would start treating each other much better and have the common experience of pursuing their dreams to link them together.  I believe the would would end up being a much better place if this happened, although some changes would have to be made to accommodate the new mentality.

1. Lee Tea profile image92
      Lee Teaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I was going to comment, but this answer has most of what I would've said.  I'll make the connection that the economy would crumble...we'd get away from money and work towards a resource based economy - using our skills to improve quality of living.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

NEVER going to happen. WHAT WORLD are you living in? Money is necessary in order for a civilized society to function properly! Do YOU suggest regressing to a barter economy? Puh-leeze? This is the 21st century!This is a capitali$t society!

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I think there would a lot more creativity. I'm not just talking about in the arts, but also in science, inventing, and business. Too often kids are told "stop dreaming" and they do. When that happens, they follow along the course of what everyone else is doing. Dreams spawn new and creative ideas.

4. Mr. Thinktank profile image79
    Mr. Thinktankposted 4 years ago

I believe a better question is "What would happen if there was no longer any greed in the world?"

Our entire success as humans has become crippled by corporations, politicians etc... that control the progress of humanity as a whole. Do you know the saying "Things are just not built like they used to be"? Products that use to last decades now break down a lot more quickly, which means consumers have to keep spending more and more money on products that are not nearly as good. The medical field only focuses on "treatments" over finding cures for diseases now. All of these things add up, but I believe that if everyone on the plannet was not so focused on greed. They would become focused on the betterment of man-kind and as a result you would see an unbelievable growth in all areas of science, art, math, business, etc. I think if that happened, I truly believe people would begin to follow their own dreams and our world would become a lot more interesting.