jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you like to read? do you get lost in books? You'll love this book!

1. BeautifulMesss profile image60
    BeautifulMesssposted 4 years ago

when I was younger I read a book, that I could not put down
    It was called "Transal Saga" by a great writer named Gary Paulsen. This book was full of mystery and excitement , adventure and danger , and it put me into a whole different world! I would recommend this book To anyone and everyone looking to read a awesome book! Gary paulsen also has many MANY Other books. He is truly a great author , and his stories are very very descriptive As well is intriguing and exciting , I personally love his stories, So if you're looking for a great book and an interesting story Or are just wanting to get lost in another world, Go to the library or go online And pick up 1 of his many books . I absolutely am confident that you will love him just as much as me!

2. Murfomurf profile image61
    Murfomurfposted 4 years ago

I've never heard of Gary Paulsen, but now I will look him up and try his books! Thank you. I'm always chasing new authors to read!

3. wonderingwoolley profile image61
    wonderingwoolleyposted 4 years ago

Didn't Gary Paulsen also write Hatchet? It was an excellent book if I remember correctly, though a bit sad. It was a quick read as well. I think it is perfect for middle-school aged kids, as it was well written but not above their level of understanding. For older kids, say high-school to college, it's really time to tackle some of the major classics like Jane Austen, the Bronte sister, and Dickens. It's amazing the knowledge and wisdom you will find in those books too!

4. Benoitsmidget profile image61
    Benoitsmidgetposted 4 years ago

Anytime I want to truly get engrossed in a book, I go back and read an old John Saul book. I don't say old because his new stuff isn't any good, quite the contrary. I have already read every John Saul book there is to read. Presently, I am waiting for his next book. So in the meantime, I just go back to where I started many years ago and do a re-read. And then of course there is Dean Koontz who I always seem to love. Honestly, there is nothing like a good book.