How to Make Your Garden Looks Magnificent at Night... and Make Your Neighbors Envy Your Awesome Landscape
Installing landscape lights can do a lot of different to your garden. You must have noticed the magnificent effects that interior lighting can do to your indoor living space. Well, the same thing also applies for the exteriors (garden) of your home too. Landscape light is a mood creator and by installing the right landscape lights at the right place can definitely make your home look incredibly beautiful and superb. Spending your leisure time in the evening in your beautiful garden with your family and friends while enjoying a cup of coffee is truly a wonderful experience. It would something that you look forward to every single day, especially after a working hard at your job
While landscaping is something that can enhance or make the ultimate difference to your home, it is the garden lighting ideas that will bring out the beauty of the overall landscape design by highlighting and making the best in them stand out. It's a piece of artwork that is expressed in 3D form. If you have ever admired a house while driving down in the night, it is definitely that you are attracted by the magnificent effects that created by awesome implementation of landscape lights. And now perhaps you wish that your home too have the same lighting effects.
Landscape Lighting Design and Implementation Tips
There are so many different options available in the market that you can choose from when it comes to illuminates your landscape at night. The varieties of such landscape light can make it quite difficult to focus on just the most basic landscape lighting ideas.
I wonder how you can just stop with only a few while there are so many different things that can be lit in the landscape. By the way, With the right lighting combination, you can really do magic to your garden.
Below are some of the landscape light ideas that might help you to get started in working on your garden:
- Down lighting - This is quite a common method in exterior lighting. Throwing the light onto the ground from low voltage landscape lighting is a superb way to dress up an area, particular the pathway. However, it is not the only thing that you should be considering for your choice of lighting.
- Up lighting - Shining light up onto architectural piece in your garden such as rockery, fountain, sculpture, plant or tree is an excellent way to make an impression. It makes the object stands out in the darkness and thus, creating the stunning effect that beautify the night.
- Wall lighting - Besides focusing on feature object in the landscape, you might also want to consider light up the side of your house. Don't always go with the conservative whilte lighting, try other colors such as blue, orange, or purple. By the way, various colored light filters can bring out the hidden characteristic of lighted object which may not be seen in white light. And by having the color on the wall that compliments the overall lighting design of your landscape will surely enhance the whole surrounding.
- Submersible lighting - Do you have a pond or pool in our garden? If you do have one, you should use some submersible lighting to add an interesting feature to this area as well. To make it even more interesting, you can install rotating lights that will continuously change the look of the underwater environment. It is advisable that this should only be done by qualified electrician to avoid shock hazard.
Last but not least, always remember that whatever that you are doing with your landscape lighting ideas, do not focus on the source of the light but rather on what it is illuminating, the object that becomes your focus.
Don't forget to hide the source of the lighting behind bushes, rockery object and etc. and do not make it a feature in itself.
Design your garden lighting in a way that makes the outdoor environment more inviting and also with dramatic effects by spreading light around. A good combination of different colors and types landscape lights can definitely create a magnificent effect.
Landscape Design by Michelle Derviss
- Backyard Landscaping Ideas and Tips
Not everyone's home has a backyard and if you are lucky enough to have one, you should find some backyard landscaping ideas to beautify the space you have. There are actually plenty of things that you can do about it.
- Landscape Design Sofware
Landscape design software is the type of computer program that you can use to draw or create landscape idea and viewing landscaping tasks that have been accomplished by someone else.
- Landscape Plans: Incorporate Your Landscaping Ideas and Designs
Doing your home's landscaping on your own could be a very interesting task, you'll not only improve your gardening skill as you will also know more the different aspects on landscaping designs and structure.
- Landscape Design
Ideaworks Resources is a Malaysia leading landscape design company that's specializing in koi pond, patio design, interior garden, swimming pool and etc.
Would you write for HubPages too?
Do you have a passion? Or perhaps something that you are very good at and that you want to share it with others? If that's so, why not express your thoughts with writings and have them published on HubPages? HubPages is a great place to share your opinions and thoughts, which at the same time earning you passive income. There are actually few different ways to earn money, and there are many hubs and threads that explain exactly how to do this for you, in simple but yet thorough explanation. HubPages is a great community to meet new friends and hubbers.
Sign Up Today with HubPages for free and be part of the community that contributes to a better world!
More by this Author
If your work requires your attention on the computer screen for a long period of time, it is advisable that you should sit on an ergonomic chair. Ergonomic designed chair offers a lot of benefits.
Need to fix a broken toilet seat hinges and do not know how to do it right? This step by step guide will show you how to install a new pair of toilet seat hinges even a newbie can do it right.
Portable External Hard Drive is normally used for mobile computing data backup, with a laptop computer. Desktop External Hard Drive, on the other hand, is used stationary on a desk, it is more bulky.