LEARNING TO COUPON: SAVING $$$
My wife has been using coupons for nearly three years now and it has saved us thousands of dollars in that time. Saving all the money you can by using coupons has become very popular over the past year and there are many people picking up on the great deals. I will be honest with you before you go any further. It can be a pain sometimes and it can be very stressful. If you are thinking about it, make sure you educate yourself on the basics. Some people go to extremes and their entire life revolves around saving money with coupons. That is not us. Like most people, I don't have that kind of time. I am going to teach you everything we do as a couple to save this much money.
My wife and I work as a team when it comes to spending coupons. We have two children. This is important because we have a family of four. When you begin using coupons, you are going to find deals that you won't believe. In saying that, you want to make sure you have enough space to store your extra items. Back to the family of four, some of the deals we get involve buying 20 items of the same product. That may sound crazy or pointless, but with our coupon, we get nearly all of them for free. Some items can go bad in a few days and some items can be good for years. The bigger your family is, the more coupons you will be able to use and the more coupons you will find handy. Some of the coupons you get may not be worth anything to you. If this is the case, give it to someone or you can donate them to the troops. I will tell you that later.
I decided to write this article to explain how you can save thousands on your grocery bills with just a little work, education, and time. In saying that, if you plan on investing a lot of time, you still need the same basic rules. At this age and time, the global economy is on the rocks. You may have financial issues. Perhaps, you are unemployed or not able to work. All walks of life can follow these simple steps that I am going to give you.
Many people tend to believe that coupons are only for junk food. That is not true. Pet food, paper products, pop, chips, cleaning supplies, toothpaste, deodorant, and even office supplies all have available coupons. Each year, there is millions upon millions of coupons thrown away with savings totaling billions of dollars. These companies want you to buy their products. They want you to buy their brand instead of the competitor. In return, they offer you plenty of chances to save money by offering coupons.
Our last 5 trips to the store.
PRICE WITH COUPONS
The chart above shows how much money we have saved in the last five trips to the store. What I am about to give you is coupon 101. These are the basic steps to get you started on your way to saving a lot of money. But first, if you can look at the chart, notice the two times that I saved over $400 dollars. On one occasion, I bought items that totaled $734.56. I saved $437.79. In most cases, the more you buy, the more you save. I had to buy the amount that validated the coupon in order to get the others for free. On the other occasion, I saved nearly $700. The point is before you start, you need to learn or write down what you use in your household. See, if you don't like corn for example, why buy it? It wouldn't make sense too. Make a list of everything you use. It is your choice when it comes to similar products for different brands. Personally, I use the coupon that has the better deal. That is how I save a lot of money. You have to take advantage of every coupon you get. If it can be used at your household, get it. You save way more money when you buy in bulk.
- GETTING YOUR COUPONS- Well, before you can get started, you have to have coupons. One of the best places to get coupons is the Sunday paper. They are packed high in the Sunday edition of your local paper. There is no law on the amount of Sunday newspapers you are allowed to purchase. This paper has what you need in it, get them. Many people that gather coupons believe that getting extra coupons is wrong. Well, the more you have, the more money you save. If someone gets them because you don't, then that is just less money you will save. There are also coupons located in the store's aisle, so keep a lookout. Many stores offer coupons in their ad pages as well. These are almost always located near the entrance of the retailer. If you don't see any, make sure you ask an employee if they would be able to get you one.
- YOU NEED A BINDER- You need to get a binder for all your coupons or you need to create some kind of filing system. The main focus is for you to know what coupons you have and how many of them you have. With the binder, which is the preferred, you can carry it to the store with you. Organization skills is a must have quality when you are using coupons. It also helps out when you are using them at the register to check out. You know yourself, no one wants to stand in the checkout line forever. This is another point in making a list prior to going to the store.
- PREPARING AHEAD- It is very important to plan ahead, especially if you are planning to buy in bulk, which is a large quantity of items for a particular type or brand. If you plan on doing so, make sure you call ahead to see if they have enough of the product for the purchase. When you go to the store, you want to make sure you know what you are going for. This makes the entire process much easier. Some people choose to map out the store or what area they shop at the most in the store. It might sound crazy, but it does come in handy. At the least, know which aisle your products are in. This helps save you time and the entire shopping experience will be less stressful. You can go through your binders or files so you know exactly what coupons you have. Make a list prior to your visit to the store so you know everything you will get. This can also give you an idea of how much money you will be saving.
- MAKE IT ROUTINE- You really want to make everything a natural routine when it comes to using coupons. You want to get yourself use to saving coupons as well. When it all comes routine for you, the shopping part of it all will be more natural and less stressful. You want to make the Sunday paper a part of your routine also. Whenever you go to a store, make sure you pick up their add for the week. You can also go online to get coupons. The sites are listed below. Every aspect of using coupons can become routine. In the end, it will save you time and money.
- ORGANIZATION- As I already stated before, keeping everything organized is crucial. You want to make sure your to have a binder, filing system, or wherever you store your coupons is organized. Make sure you have a general idea of everything you have. This also includes your pantry or your storage areas. You don't want to buy a bulk of something that you already have that has an expiration date, such as food. You also don't want to be at the register unprepared. Make sure you make your list and always have an idea of what products you have back at home.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
SEE INSTANT RESULTS
If you follow the basic steps above, you will be on your way to saving money in no time. You do not have to alter your current lifestyle. If you have a partner, ask them to pitch in every now and then. When you go to the stores, keep an eye out for coupons. You will be surprised how many coupons are out there that have no limit. That is probably one of the most asked questions I get. Yes, some coupons have limits, but there is actually a lot that doesn't. Get everyone in the family involved. You all can get together and trade coupons with each other. The more eyes that are out there, the more chances you will find better coupons.
Another key point is not to chase after special deals. It is not worth your time and effort in the long run. If you remain organized and know which coupons to use, you will save money. Remember, the more coupons you have, the more you save. This is a great way for big families to save. When you buy in bulk, you save more money.
As I already stated, it can be stressful. But keep in mind, it doesn't give you the right to be angry with the employees. I say this because I have seen this before and it only makes matters worse. I have seen this one or two times before. Always be respectful to their staff. It is the right thing to do and it can help you in the long run.
In closing, I shared this because there really isn't or any special trick talent to all of this. It is simply using the coupons that are already free. It does take extra time, but it doesn't have to take over your life. Some people choose to do it a few hours a day. If you are that type, I wish you the best of luck. But, you don't have to put in that much time to start saving money.
Make sure you keep all your receipts. There is a reason. When you begin seeing all the money you are saving, it gives you a sense of encouragement. A person can easily save a thousand dollars in a year. You can go way past that point if you do it right and follow the steps above. But even with that amount, I will take a thousand dollars any day! It can be done. I did research just like you are doing years ago and I began making money immediately. Every little bit counts.
- Contacts News Adoption Base L
You can donate your expired coupons to the troops. It is a great cause. They are good until 6 months after the expiration date.
- coupons | Printable Coupons | Online Coupons | Coupon Codes | Grocery coupon
Printable Coupons, Online Coupons, Coupon Codes, Grocery coupon
- The Daily Groupon | Coupons, Discounts, and Deals on the Best in San Francisco
Get great deals with Groupon!
- DingPOW.com - POW\'n you with local coupons
POW'n You With Coupons - Free local printable coupons in your area. Get coupons for your favorite local spots. Great coupons from great eateries.
More by this Author
Many people dream about rats: Read on to discover what your rat dream might represent or symbolize in your life.
Do you have or are you considering getting a tattoo of a clock? This article is all about the meaning, symbolism, design, and look of different clock tattoos.
Kissing is part of everyday life, but it is also a powerful gesture of love, friendship, and desire. If you dream about kissing someone, especially on the lips, consider who you kissed and where.