Billie Pagliolo profile image 61

Are we Americans just plain "cheap" ?

"Free, free, free" is the mantra we respond to. Everyone seems to want something for nothing. People create software, write books, music, invent products - the government designs bridges, roads, supports the military, but no one seems willing to pay the price for anything! Small case in point: I put a lovely sailboat watercolor print up on the web for sale. The price was $15. Without seeing the painting in person, someone emailed me and asked if I'd take $7! This cheapness did NOT start with this recession, and it's NOT most prevalent among the lower classes. It seems worse at the top!

Wizard Of Whimsy profile image60

Wizard Of Whimsy says

Wesley Clark profile image60

Wesley Clark says

• Billie Pagliolo profile image

Billie Pagliolo 4 years ago

Wesley, I DID see that phenomenon in trying to sell our educational software. Perception IS so important. I think my view might be idiosyncratic of my family's "culture". My parents were very uncomfortable with haggling over prices and so am I.