Linkshare, orders but no money?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I have now been using linkshare, a big affiliate network, for two months. I noticed last month I got an order. Today I also got one.

Yet It still says a big fat zero in my earnings???

You can't make much if they never give you any money for sales! lol

Does anyone use them, and if so could you tell me how come I'm not seeing any income even though I've gotten two sales, or "orders" as they call it? hmm

1. SoCurious profile image60
      SoCuriousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't sound too promising.  At the very least, the affiliate manager assigned to you should be giving you explanations.  If that doesn't happen, take your business somewhere else.  There are tons of well run affiliate programs.

Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi there, thanks for your advice. It could be I'm not doing something right. I have a hard time finding Disney and cruise sponsors, and linkshare has one of the best.

I'll try to email them and find out what I seem to be missing. But yeah if they don't pay then it's not really worth it, is it? Misha I think once said he never made a dime off them. hmm

2. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I have worked on the Affiliate side (not publisher side) several times, tehy have arubbish reporting system but it always seemed to work out okay.  I would call their helpline and ask, it could be the order was cancelled, or I had to cancel a few payments to people because they tried to grab the cookies for share a sale and link share in one cookie to get double payments off my clients (I doubt youu are trying to do that though.

I don't even know how to get those double payments your talking about. Yeah I'll email them, I had two orders now and still show nothing in commission.  hmm

3. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 13 years ago

Bill,

Although I have not made a dime from LS either, usually they will put money a month after (return, exchange issue) and additional month after that to be paid if you made minimum set amount. That is how CJ works to I am assuming they are similar. I would still like to see something in 'pending" section.

I use to use CJ too and they show your sales as soon as you get them. However it takes a month or two before you get your money, as you said.

But so far with LS I don't see anything at all. I did notice they have "orders" and then "sales". So I guess I need to find out what the difference is. smile

Shareasale has been my best one so far.

1. profile image0
        cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bill,

I have used LS, but not made any money with them so far. CJ I have made some little money. I should check out shareasale soon.

Have they contacted you yet for request? I agree with you, something needs to be done. I have realized over the months (little I have been doing this), that having a good relationship with vendor who are responsive matters, that is why I no longer choose vendor based on money but based on responsiveness.

I refuse to work with godaddy and a few other vendors despite having good commission rates as they never get back to their affiliates unless they are making 100k commission per month.

Good luck, I hope they are much better and responsive to know that you are professional and partner in this. I

4. Christene profile image59
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

Maybe the orders were canceled?

I've been on LinkShare since 2007 and have always gotten paid.

Hi there Christene. So can you explain what I'm talking about? Yesterday I got one "order". But it still says zero for sales or commission?

Then last month I got the same, one order but no sales or commission money. Are orders just pending transactions that may not be good?

5. Christene profile image59
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

The reporting isn't that great there. hmm

Orders are the number of purchases.
    Sales is the total amount that was paid.
    Commissions are your earnings.

Honestly I don't remember if I've ever seen an order without a commission.

Go to your advanced Reports and choose Sales and Activity. There's a column for canceled items there.

If that's not it contact the Advertiser directly and they should be able to help you.

Good deal, thanks much! smile

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Okay, you can't say you're working with Linkshare, the same way you're working with Amazon, ebay or adsense.

There are lots of merchants there and you have to be more specific. I work with 85 percent of the LS merchants have regular sales from many if not most.

You have to treat each one like an individual. I haven't had that many problems with non-payment in recent years and things are running pretty smoothly. I only get frustrated when they close their programs with little notice.

If you have questions, contact the affiliate mgr of the program in question. Unlike Amazon there's usually a person who's happy to talk to you and you get a prompt reply.

Thanks Nelle. Since I've never had that many sales with those big affiliate places with many sponsors I've never taken the time to contact any of them.

But then this is the first time I've ever had a problem also. I see both came from the same place, a rental car company.

So I'll shoot them a email and let them explain what is going on. Maybe with rentals you only show sales after they actually rent the car, which could be months from now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)