Comments and Misconceptions Round Two
I May Have To Write a Book
The longer I am on Hub Pages, the more preposterous comments I get, not to mention the comments left on the hubs written by those Hubbers I follow. Soon I will have accumulated enough of them to fill a book, which may not be such a bad idea. Many of you have read my first hub of this nature, in which I promised to write another one. Here goes!
Before I start I want to list some of the comments I have heard in response to the extension of the Bush tax cuts. You just can not please some liberals. They have screamed and cried for the last two years about things being so bipartisan. As soon as President Obama ceded to the Republicans, they began crying about him being partisan. These comments were not picked out, they are just a sampling of comments I have cut and pasted. As I said, they are not carefully picked out or chosen for content. I just simply copied a page worth.
Why does Obama work harder for the Repubician then he does his own party???? He has got to be a Repubician in dem clothing!!!!!! He is putting us in a huge hole!!!!
middle class and poor Americans alone. We have carried you rich and overpaid
s.o.b.'s long enough. If you want to reduce our deficit, how about starting by:
1. Collecting what is owed to the United States by other countries.
2. Collecting on the bailout momey.
3. Cutting the potical crap in Washington about what party has the most power and do what's right for the American people who put you in office in the first place.
4. Improve on our foreign exports. Become more competive in the world trade market.
5. Quit giving our job away to foreign labor. If you pay Americans wages, Americans will spend more money.
It is so simple you potical dumb asses. The American people can't spend what they don't have. You take away their jobs you weaken the economy.
the democrats/LIBERAL NUT SACKS look themselves in the mirror when they accuse
the Republicans of 'giving' millionaires $700 billion dollars by maintaining
the current tax rates? Republicans are allowing people to keep the money they
have earned.They are NOT taking it from anyone else to pay these
'millionaires'. this is about maintaining the status quo. It should be referred
to as the Obamaism tax hikes. No wonder so many of the people are confused.
They hear tax cuts and assume they will get tax cuts after the first of the
year. There will be NO tax cuts for anyone!!! Only maintaining the current
levels!! Plain English...Stop the 'chicken crap!.' Just ANOTHER LIE AND THE
MISLEADING FROM THE OBAMAISM ADMINISTRATION AND THE MEDIA!
My husband has been out of work for 21/2 years.(licensed electrician) HE used up his benefits a longtime ago. But I don't see him f*cking complaining!! Thank GOD we have other income coming in. He actually said he didn't want unemployment checks. HE doesn't want to be dependant upon the GOVERNMENT!..Oh yeah, IMPEACH OBAMAISM NOW!!!!!!!!!!
why do all
these repugnantcans look weird?
we have mcconnell, mccain, boner and kyl
they are all aliens from outer space!
Congratulations to Republicans and Democrats for the bipartisan agreement to increase the deficit enormously! Excellent work, congress!
Government is not the answer, Government is the problem.
Republicans do not represent the people. Watch the limosuines of lobbyists pouring into Washington to pay them off. How does it feel to be bought and sold. Now some repubs are calling for the voter franchise to be limited to property owners.
Juat saw the Presidents 'concession speech' It absolutely breaks my heart to see how the top 2% of wealth run our entire government. What ever happened to pay-as-you-go. It saddens me to know that the only people to benefit are the Chinese (the lenders with earned interest) and the big losers are the Americans (theborrowers). As far as I am concerned...this is the day that foreign interests have officially taken over our government...we now 'owe our souls' to the Chinese. Enjoy your conservative victory today america...you have put the final bullet in the head of freedom.
I am really begining to wonder why I voted for this man. Is he really a republicon or just scared of them?
Now for the misconceptions
1) Tax cuts do not cost the government anything. That's right. You should never count on money that you do not have. Tax increases for only the rich punish the rich and kills jobs. That is not an opinion. It is a fact that has been proven through our history. Increasing taxes is nothing short of robbery. I have often heard people, too young to remember, much less have a job during the Reagan years that will shout "Reagan didn't create growth, he cut taxes!" Wake up people, and remember the history. Those tax cuts created jobs and growth. The money does not belong to the government, it belongs to the people who earned it.
2) Don't Ask, Don't Tell is not an issue of free speech. Somehow the gay and lesbians have the notion that they will be able to serve openly in the military. NEWSFLASH! If DADT is repealed, then the gay and lesbians will be free game due to the laws of the UCMJ. The issue is not about free speech. Members of the Military do not enjoy freedom of speech the way a private citizen does. There is this little known area of military law called military expression. The Supreme Court upholds this concept, which reduces freedom of speech by military members.
3) WikiLeaks is NOT about freedom of Speech. Not only that, Pvt Manning is NOT a patriot. Yes there are those out there that make the claim that Julian Assange and Pvt. Manning are patriots. The are not patriots, they are involved with espionage. We used to shoot our soldiers for crimes less than this. The fact that Pvt. Manning is gay and was beaten up as a child, is no excuse for trumping National Security.
4) I just heard President Obama claim in a press conference his job is to look out for middle class America. Hmmmm, what about the rest of the country? The President's job is to look out for all U.S. citizens. I know that is a hard concept to grasp from a golf course or taking your fifth vacation in Hawaii, but those are the hard facts.
5) This one ties into the first one, but here goes anyway. Tax hikes do not stimulate job creation, it kills it. Has the government ever created a private sector job? I am not talking about government contracts, I am talking about creating a job that is strictly private sector. Of course they have not, if they had, it becomes a government job by default. The government has one of two choices. They can stand in the way and make tax hikes or they can step aside and allow the private sector to create jobs.